Exploring the Vibro Axe Options

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Nov 14 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]1356948[/snapback]</div>
I think casting the bubbler would be a bad idea.

If it was cast hollow it would be very fragile and if you made it solid it would be very hard to cast correctly and keep it accurate.

[/b]

I disagree. The bubble on the original prop is a casting.
All that needs to be done is line the inside with styrene then cast it solid with a 1" hole down the center.

I highly doubt you'll get 20 people interested in a machined one.

How did they do the slots?

<div class='quotetop'>(lonepigeon @ Nov 14 2006, 02:47 AM) [snapback]1356979[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Nov 14 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]1356948[/snapback]
I think casting the bubbler would be a bad idea.

If it was cast hollow it would be very fragile and if you made it solid it would be very hard to cast correctly and keep it accurate.

[/b]

I disagree. The bubble on the original prop is a casting.
All that needs to be done is line the inside with styrene then cast it solid with a 1" hole down the center.

I highly doubt you'll get 20 people interested in a machined one.
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Nov 14 2006, 03:34 AM) [snapback]1357006[/snapback]</div>
How did they do the slots?
[/b]

On the real prop the slots are filled from the inside. It's a solid cast.

As a note, I have a real, 100% unmodified Melnor Soft-Flo Soaker up for auction right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99971&item=140270791767

3.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back