Expanse Martian Pistol - Anyone know if this a real Expanse Prop? Martian Pistol on Ebay

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw this on Ebay - Not a lot of details - but I have never seen this configuration of the Martian Pistol as a variant.

It is certainly not a version of Holden's gun. Any info? Anyone?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16kkk00.jpg

s-l16kjj00.jpg

I am not the seller - just looking to authenticate a possible purchase - is it a real rubber production prop or a replica?

Can anyone identify this prop?

I've seen that on Ebay before, obviously didn't sell. Difficult to say if it's authentic. The top section is inaccurate to the commonly seen version as is the magazine, but there are a few variants of this gun on the show, so it's possible. I would certainly want rock solid documentation or cofirmation from the prop guys on the show before purchasing.

Something else I would be a little wary of....seller is in the UK. If you are outside of Europe, UK customs absoluteley will not put anything that looks like a gun (even toys) onto an international flight. It's a nightmare :rolleyes:

This guy may well be unaware, but I (unfortunately) have expererience with this. The only way around this is to ship by boat, which you can't track. Despite our stupid laws, it's actually easier to ship a firearm replica into the UK than out!

just got a Jyn erso blaster from UK to France without issues. no orange plug and the gun was an airsoft. The seller put a message inside the customs declaration to state it was a replica and all but I don't even think it was read. It might be just dumb luck that it passes customs or just doesnt...
this one being rubber might be easier to pass through maybe.

I think there is a bit of dumb luck, but I was referring to shipping outside Europe, specially the US.

just got a Jyn erso blaster from UK to France without issues. no orange plug and the gun was an airsoft. The seller put a message inside the customs declaration to state it was a replica and all but I don't even think it was read. It might be just dumb luck that it passes customs or just doesnt...
this one being rubber might be easier to pass through maybe.

Considering all The Expanse props are based in Canada, I doubt it's authentic.

As for the firearms laws stuff, it's from Belfast and Northern Ireland has completely different firearms laws to the rest of the UK. A lot looser.

The show is still in production too, and generally speaking they don't release assets like stunt guns from a TV show until it's cancelled. It ain't screen used, or we'd recognize it. So unless it was some very quickly show deep background piece, I'd be very curious to see that LOA.

Yeah that was what I was affraid of. The details on the gun are wrong - not many shots and no details on authenticity. Who is the letter from I wonder. "My Mom says this rubber gun was used on the Expanse TV series." (then there will be disclaimers - My Mom will not be held responsible for anything this letter says.)

Hate to necropost, but this is one fo the pistols from the SyFy show Dark Matter. Supposedly after it was canceled, some of these stunt pistols were bought in a prop liquidation to be used in the Expanse (but I've never seen any concrete evidence of that.

Yeah, my guess would be the same guys making props for The Expanse made them for Dark Matter, but this prop was not used in The Expanse. Looks like they had some pretty cool stuff in that show though. A little more over the top than the guns from The Expanse, but very much the same style of prop guns.

Yeah, my guess would be the same guys making props for The Expanse made them for Dark Matter, but this prop was not used in The Expanse. Looks like they had some pretty cool stuff in that show though. A little more over the top than the guns from The Expanse, but very much the same style of prop guns.
Dark Matter is my favorite....below is my collection of production used weapons.
ExV5otMWQAM79Rv.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back