Excelsior scratchbuild 1/350

Galaxyman1701d

Ok....here I go! Had some leftover bio foam from work and decided to start a sculpt of the excelsior in the same scale as my d!
View attachment 148184
Size comparison. Took simple 3-views and made ribs

View attachment 148185
Cut the bio foam and glued in with bondo

View attachment 148186
This foam is so awesome. Only took less than an hour to get to this point. With cutting the wood and shaping the foam.

Not sure how to post my video but it is on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9epUG-1aRY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ER-R-R-R-R-R-R!!!! You just HAD to do that, HUH?!? :) Keep up the good work, my friend! I can't wait to see more.

PS- I couldn't find that stuff on the website you offered. Could you PM a link to the page it's on?

OH! I almost forgot to ask... I noticed you didn't account for the depression at the bow, made for the deflector. And I know you have your reasons, but is it because it is easier to cut it out once it's fiber-glassed, or what? Curious minds want to know. :)

The length should be somewhere around 4.25ft, but you can loose yourself in the details. When I researched the E-B for my build I found 3 different blue-prints, with three different lengths... one length, at 1:350 scale would have made it 5.26 feet long! If you know what canon is, I would love know.

ER-R-R-R-R-R-R!!!! You just HAD to do that, HUH?!? :) Keep up the good work, my friend! I can't wait to see more.

PS- I couldn't find that stuff on the website you offered. Could you PM a link to the page it's on?

OH! I almost forgot to ask... I noticed you didn't account for the depression at the bow, made for the deflector. And I know you have your reasons, but is it because it is easier to cut it out once it's fiber-glassed, or what? Curious minds want to know. :)

http://www.malamacomposites.com/sample

I plan to keep it simple and have marked in the parts the cut outs for the deflector, hanger bay, etc. Also tossing the idea around to make the parts vacuum formed. ?

Thanks for the link... I thought about the vacu-form idea, and I think it could work. :) I can't wait to see what you decide to do with her.

Looking good. The Excelsior seems to be moving pretty quickly... Do you think it's her design or her size that allows for this?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back