Excalibur props on display in England

Re: Excalubur props on display in England

something wrong with that link. keeps redirecting elsewhere.

Terry can be seen exhibiting at most UK expo's an cons

Re: Excalubur props on display in England

Yeah Terry is a real Gentleman as well as being one helluva Master Armorer! :thumbsup

One of my favorite movies of all time! I own a Discerner sword...it's one of my pride and joys :), it's like having the real deal.

Thanks for the link :D!

That is one hell of a collection! Really fun fantasy movie too. The whole segment with Gawain in search of the grail is still one of the best in movie history in my opinion. Hell, the whole second half of the movie is just brilliant. It's a bit melodramatic, but overall a classic fantasy movie!

terry is a great artist, and he looks a real cool looking dude as well, altho a very short man which i didnt expect, saw him at an exhibition and he just seemed a really nice guy

I love that movie. I wish however that they'd have Merlin's screen-used staff on display. I'd love a good photo of it. The one shown isn't close to being the screen-used version. I wonder who owns that? Boorman maybe?

If you listen to the commentary on the DVD/Blu Ray - he (Boorman) says he kept the sword - Made by Wilkinson Sword (If anyone has contacts there - I tried but it dried up) and the Holy Grail.

I would love an accurate copy of those 3 props - the Sword, the Grail, and Merlin's Staff.

Anyone feel like taking on a project?

Unfortunately Wilkinsons Swords no longer make swords. The military side of the business was bought by another sword manufacturer who still make British officers swords to this day.
Never heard what happened to the rest of the business though.

Craig

Always loved that movie.

Digging the Merlin blade. That hilt with the acorn/woodland detail is pretty sweet!

I'd love to get a copy of the grail as well.

Chris

The link keeps redirecting to different ad pages, I have used the link over 10 times and it redirected to 10 different pages...you should put on another link to the story...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back