Evil Dead Full Book Observing Scene

I like that the first page (opposite the skull page) that is covered in ancient "runes" actually says " Copyright Tom Sullivan" upside down (0:19).

Very interesting indeed. I may have to try recreating A book of the dead now. Wasn't the book of the dead much bigger in Evil dead 2?

In the director commentary for Evil Dead 2 Sam Raimi says both the Kandarian Dagger and the Book of the Dead sat in thier field office 'awaiting a sequel' and are one of the few props re-used for Evil Dead 2, along with the clock.

The pages with the skin of a human hand was interesting.
Reminds me of a kiddie book with pop ups and textures! :lol

Very cool, but oddly cut, goes in and out of focus.

I only spotted the (c) Tom Sullivan after the second viewing, nice catch :D

After all these years, an affordable replica would be nice to see come along.

Tom Sullivan wouldn't allow it unfortunately as he still make (fantastic, but very expensive) replicas.

In the director commentary for Evil Dead 2 Sam Raimi says both the Kandarian Dagger and the Book of the Dead sat in thier field office 'awaiting a sequel' and are one of the few props re-used for Evil Dead 2, along with the clock.

That's interesting, as there is most definately more than one book in Evil Dead 2. I've studied the Evil Dead 2 DVD and the necronomicon pages shown at the prologue (which I assume are the pages from the book from "Evil Dead") are different from the pages that Ash looks through in the movie (i.e. they're the same pictures, but the colouring, shading and layout on the page are different).

That's interesting, as there is most definately more than one book in Evil Dead 2. I've studied the Evil Dead 2 DVD and the necronomicon pages shown at the prologue (which I assume are the pages from the book from "Evil Dead") are different from the pages that Ash looks through in the movie (i.e. they're the same pictures, but the colouring, shading and layout on the page are different).

Looks like I was off just slightly. I cut this part out of the commentary for you where Sam and Bruce talk about the Evil Dead I props.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1244235/evildeadcommentary.mp3

I happen to have a very awesome replica. I have the "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead" edition from Anchor Bay. For those unfamiliar with it, it is a replica of the Necronomicon by Tom Sullivan, which has a lot of hidden text if you look closely at it (it doesn't include the extra pages seen in the video listed), but it's an awesome replica, even one made to hold a DVD to an awesome movie. :D

Last edited:
There are even more pages than that...I have them all...this video does not show about 5 others...

Last edited:
screenie of the tom sullivan

Screen%20shot%202010-02-19%20at%205.01.52%20PM.png

Revo

I never seen this page before and had no idea that the skinned hand was on it. so when I made my book, I added it. My friends and I love this page.
IMG_1812.jpg

GZ

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back