Euclid's C Finder - Fallout: New Vegas

Elsurfo101m

Hey everyone,

This is my first post of a prop I believe, if not then definitely the first in a long time. I started this guy last August I believe and let it sit collecting dust for most of the past year. Finally I had enough of being artistically lazy and decided to knock it out. I learned a LOT through trial and error, and though it's a simple static prop I had a lot of fun with it. Big thumbs up to Volpin for his blogs, as they really inspired me to get this thing done. Enjoy, comments and critiques welcome. [edited with some better pictures]

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

Last edited:
the most unexpected weapon ever!

Really good work on this piece =) Maybe I would have left a more "metallic" look on all the piece, but it looks still awesome! =D

How you did the "cristal ball"?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The dome on the back was from an old mold I had laying around that I cleaned up and remolded, and then pressure cast some Smooth-On Crystal Clear resin into.

Greg Warner, it's a solid resin cast, using 300 for the body minus dome. I did the piece in foam and bondo before molding.

Thanks again guys. It's a quirky little gun, and it makes me happy to hear all the nice things about my version (which is in NO way 100% accurate). Onto the next project! (I also brightened the picture up top, I realized that it was very dark.)

That turned out great! I agree that a more metallic look would have been good, but the paint job still looks excellant.

When will you build the "other" part of this gun? ;)

Thanks guys - This gave me some much needed building confidence to tackle some bigger projects!

Colin: I thought about that, but in the end decided that a more flat/enameled finish was in better keeping with both the reference and the piece itself as imagined in that environment. Just me though. :) Thanks for everyone's critique and comments!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back