ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

Us movie folks frequently rip gaffers tape into different widths for whatever the situation requires, but almost exclusively use 2" gaff.

Except the camera folks, they're weird.
Haha, thank you! why do you think they'd make the top up out of thin strips?

This gives me chance to ask something that's been annoying me for a long time. What does 1970's gaffa tape look like close up? All the stuff I come across to buy is nasty plastic looking stuff, but my impression is that 1970's is fabric. If anyone also knows where I can get this in the UK would be much appreciated.

Can anyone with better res access tell me what is on the bottom of the ESB Graflex stunts? Is a Kobold clip there?
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 11.43.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 11.44.39 AM.png

I thought so too... some of these screencaps make it seem like it's smaller than a kobold clip. Of course, this is streaming disneyplus which is lower quality lol

from James Kenobi I think
74c1fa198a30f6c320ba8cfda7e171ca.jpg

Dagobah

DagobahFencing.jpg
lukeyodataining.jpg

and some Duel-worthy shots
lightsaberthrow.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 9.26.42 PM.png
VaderLukefaceoff.jpg

It just doesn't seem like a real kobold clip. Hmm.

I can't tell you what's going on down there but I took some screenshots for good measure:

snip 1.PNG

snip2.PNG
snip3.PNG
snip5.PNG

^ Rectangular reflection, looks like a kobold clip here?

snip7.PNG

snip8.PNG

Seems to be the gaffered clamp saber as well.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• snip 1.PNG
    snip 1.PNG
    840.8 KB · Views: 114
oh my god thank you! those are all excellent shots. it does look like a full sized kobold.. is the endcap weird? something looks off about this setup and I'm having trouble articulating it
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.38.12 PM.png

Teecrooz showed me this and I thought of you right away

The photos I saw were much grainier then those you posted and I thought it was some kind of hand guard

Now it clearly looks like foil

Is it me? Or does this graflex look longer?

Teecrooz showed me this and I thought of you right away

The photos I saw were much grainier then those you posted and I thought it was some kind of hand guard

Now it clearly looks like foil

Is it me? Or does this graflex look longer?
definitely does to me in that last picture. Like the bunny ears should be about where the red button is.

To me it looks like the whole upper tube is longer

The clamp would be too low

So strange...

What the heck is the chrome tape there for? Covering the giant black screws?

Aha! So it is foil. Thanks for posting these crisper stills!

It does look suspiciously longer, maybe an extension so Hamill didn't have to keep gripping it so close to the control box? The foil tape is probably to cover that extension, since they didn't seem to bother putting foil on the other bolted stunts.

Aha! So it is foil. Thanks for posting these crisper stills!

It does look suspiciously longer, maybe an extension so Hamill didn't have to keep gripping it so close to the control box? The foil tape is probably to cover that extension, since they didn't seem to bother putting foil on the other bolted stunts.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that

LOM can you send me Your address I keep forgetting to ask you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back