ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

Wonderful. but how are you getting it to glow thru carbonfiber??
I think what you are refering to is just the pattern present in the reflective tape. see post# 347

(reusing old stunt sabers means they didn't have a lot of duplicates)
This could also be the result of duplicate sabres 'going missing' at wind up of production of the films. From what I understand production crew, actors etc. have a habit of 'retaining' props as souvenirs. Not to mention the amount of stuff that looks to have ended up in a skip from ANH. Same thing could still apply to ESB? Reusing what they do have is just sensible cost saving.

I found the bolt on the back of the stunt saber. It's a crappy image but there's no mistaking that circle
B0F74287-ECC3-4D75-92A0-7191D12DC5DB_4_5005_c.jpeg

I thought the one on Dagobah was higher, so duplicate sparring props or a trick of the light

That spot half way between the red bottom and top of the clamp?

That’s a damn big core in there if that is a screw

Remember the pipe stunt core and the ROTJ Vader core are different! Remember that row of 3 bolts placed on the back of the vader graflex... that's a long core
rarely-seen-side.jpg

Not sure, might be the middle bolt

I was also able to locate this screw, on the front of the Graflex, in a carbon duel shot
VaderSaberProfile.jpg

detail1.jpg

Remember the pipe stunt core and the ROTJ Vader core are different! Remember that row of 3 bolts placed on the back of the vader graflex... that's a long core
View attachment 1305004

Not sure, might be the middle bolt

I was also able to locate this screw, on the front of the Graflex, in a carbon duel shot
View attachment 1305005
View attachment 1305006

I read Anderson requested adjustments to it to balance it out, this now makes more sense.. that core is more of a center core, since it hits up against the flash guts inside

I read Anderson requested adjustments to it to balance it out, this now makes more sense.. that core is more of a center core, since it hits up against the flash guts inside

That's another thing, If you line everything up, there should be more core visible in the slide switch slot. Unless they made the center socket part thicker, I've been wondering if they didn't fabricate that piece too.....

Alittle off topic but since we are talking about the pipe stunt saber, it doesn’t look like the long lever is still on it in that picture under the tape

And, the black ring looks like it’s tape and not paint?!?

Absolutely tape - I think they had a role of 1" gaff tape and wrapped the tip to look like a "Vader" saber. Most of it has fallen off by now, and that strip is what's left.

I also find the clamp interesting. Either the long-lever clamp was removed, and this one put on, or its another stunt, but I doubt that...

This explains the weird “paint job” on the emitter

Adjustments.jpg

Freak’n tape...

Hey, how do people do that, get to photos next to eachother into one image?!

you can also see the tape peeling off in the blue-shirt photo, on the left

Hey, how do people do that, get to photos next to eachother into one image?!
I use a linux 'photoshop' called gimp. Copy a selection (or whole photo) from one photo onto the other as a layer. Fiddle with position & scale it if nec's. Crop the whole thing for neatness if needed. Flatten image. Hey presto ! :)

Us movie folks frequently rip gaffers tape into different widths for whatever the situation requires, but almost exclusively use 2" gaff.

Except the camera folks, they're weird.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back