Epsilson 9 from Star Trek the motion picture.

Pyramidrep

Sr Member
Hey folks, does anyone know what happened to the Epsilson 9 filming model from the first Star Trek movie?.Trying to do some research and can’t seem to find a lot of reference. Seem to remember that it was used as a wall decoration in a later Trek movie. Always loved the design and fascinated by the work of Ron Resch who designed that incredible space frame.
0DC92886-314D-4AC8-8AAE-9E82539473BD.jpeg

Both the six-foot master and panel detail models were used as set decoration in Star Trek III, but after that it seems they just disappeared, so they were likely either trashed in the mid 80s or are crated up in a studio warehouse somewhere uncatalogued.

Thomas, thanks for that. It would be a shame to think it was trashed. But on the other hand ,even though it’s out of the public’s eye, we know most of this stuff ends up in someone’s garage or a dusty warehouse somewhere. I do hope it resurfaces. I remember part of the Vger model (the back section) turned up at a auction a few years ago. It was being used as a wall light decoration.

I thought I read it was reused (modified, probably) for the station that gets destroyed by the Nexus early in Generations.

You know every time I look at the movie and see one of the few photos of the model, I go on a search to see if anything has turned up. Sadly nothing yet but still top of the projects to do list. Wonder if Jeff Bond or Gene Kozicki might have any info?
Here‘s a great image from a website devoted to Ron Resch’s work.
EE1D1DF6-A02B-4A12-8603-55D4DBD708A6.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back