Episode v lightsaber question.

waterwarrior

I need the overall length of the hilt and the length of the hand grips. Pulling out my classic lightsaber making skills for the new movie and can't find those 2 dimensions. Help would be greatly appreciated..

Just Google Image search for "Lightsaber blueprint" and you quickly find Darth Saber's (that's his usename on the RPF) blueprints of Luke's and Vader's sabers. They are a bit idealized though.

There were multiple props used for Luke's lightsaber. Darth Saber identifies two, where the length of the T-track is 93 and 91 mm respectively. Roy's blueprint says 92 mm.
Vader's lightsaber has longer T-tracks.

So not trying to cause anymore grief between Roy and Gino, but Gino had his ESB t-track length at 3 9/16... meaning that there's a 2 mm difference between the two. I just measured and Ray's length would essentially would run from the clamp from the base and would pretty much be flush with both. Gino's quoted length would leave a small gap. Which is accurate???

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back