EP II Yoda

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by lambotour, Jan 17, 2006.

1. lambotour

lambotour Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I recently purchased Dan's (ioncanon) latex yoda kit. I was able to score a cheap poseable baby mannequin on ebay. My wonderful wife made the whole costume, but it's far from being done. We are still doing test fittings, the kit needs to be painted etc... Yoda stands about 27". I'm not sure if that is screen accurate, but he looks good at this height. The last pic is for size reference. As always, comments and critiques are welcomed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think you picked a perfect height for him. But I have to ask, what's the deal w/the lion head in the background? That looks VERY cool.

3. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I was thinking the same thing

4. lambotour

:lol That is a prop my wife made (yes, she is extremely talented) for a movie that she is in the process of making. However, I am not at liberty to discuss that at this time, but I'll let her know. :D

5. ioncanon

ioncanon Well-Known Member

COOL. Keep us posted

6. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

That's nice work on the Yoda, but that lion head is stealing the thread :lol You ought to reshoot that pic sans lion if you want to get any attention. :thumbsup to both you and your wife

7. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Looks great. :thumbsup

Couple of q's - how did you affix the hands and feet; Does he stand on his own or is there a base?

8. Magic Man

Magic Man Well-Known Member

Looking really good, my friend. The arms seem a little long, though.

Brad

9. lambotour

They slip over the mannequins hands and feet. Once I get the right length, I'll just secure them with a fastner. As Brad stated, the arms are a bit long though. I used an 8" L bracket under his right foot, which you can slightly see in one of the pics. I'll probably go with a smaller one so that it's hidden better. Thanks for all the comments. :)