EP II Yoda

lambotour

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently purchased Dan's (ioncanon) latex yoda kit. I was able to score a cheap poseable baby mannequin on ebay. My wonderful wife made the whole costume, but it's far from being done. We are still doing test fittings, the kit needs to be painted etc... Yoda stands about 27". I'm not sure if that is screen accurate, but he looks good at this height. The last pic is for size reference. As always, comments and critiques are welcomed.

I think you picked a perfect height for him. But I have to ask, what's the deal w/the lion head in the background? That looks VERY cool.

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 18 2006, 12:17 AM
I think you picked a perfect height for him.  But I have to ask, what's the deal w/the lion head in the background?  That looks VERY cool.
[snapback]1161782[/snapback]​

I was thinking the same thing

Originally posted by allosaur176+Jan 18 2006, 01:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Jan 18 2006, 01:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Jan 18 2006, 12:17 AM
I think you picked a perfect height for him.  But I have to ask, what's the deal w/the lion head in the background?  That looks VERY cool.
[snapback]1161810[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lol That is a prop my wife made (yes, she is extremely talented) for a movie that she is in the process of making. However, I am not at liberty to discuss that at this time, but I'll let her know. :D

Originally posted by lambotour+Jan 18 2006, 12:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lambotour @ Jan 18 2006, 12:22 AM)</div>
Originally posted by allosaur176@Jan 18 2006, 01:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Jan 18 2006, 12:17 AM

[snapback]1161810[/snapback]​

:lol That is a prop my wife made (yes, she is extremely talented) for a movie that she is in the process of making. However, I am not at liberty to discuss that at this time, but I'll let her know. :D
[snapback]1161820[/snapback]​
[/b]

That's nice work on the Yoda, but that lion head is stealing the thread :lol You ought to reshoot that pic sans lion if you want to get any attention. :thumbsup to both you and your wife

Looks great. :thumbsup

Couple of q's - how did you affix the hands and feet; Does he stand on his own or is there a base?

Originally posted by ob1al@Jan 18 2006, 05:58 AM
Looks great. :thumbsup

Couple of q's - how did you affix the hands and feet; Does he stand on his own or is there a base?
[snapback]1161926[/snapback]​

They slip over the mannequins hands and feet. Once I get the right length, I'll just secure them with a fastner. As Brad stated, the arms are a bit long though. I used an 8" L bracket under his right foot, which you can slightly see in one of the pics. I'll probably go with a smaller one so that it's hidden better. Thanks for all the comments. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back