Endurance Test: Michael Bay Honored

Jeyl

Master Member
:devil

Ever get annoyed when someone gets constantly praised left and right by those who have worked with them even though their products were complete @#*@(&%? I thought I knew what that was like when I listened to the commentary track for Star Trek 2009, but not anymore. I present to you in all it's "Adding comments has been disabled for this video." glory,

Michael Bay: Transformers Hall of Fame Inductee

I DARE you to watch it all the way through without changing facial expressions, especailly at 1:22. Yes, that man just said that.

Hilarious? I thought you were annoyed that his coworkers were praising him even though you didn't like his movies?

The second I heard "He knows what boys want" I saw where you were coming from, singing that old song you like.

It's for the TRANSFORMERS hall of fame though.....that would be like saying you're angry that the prequels made it into the star wars hall of fame....

I know this makes me a hater, but I spent 2 years of media studies watchin michael bay films and have nothing but a pure hatred for this man and his films. I couldnt even bring myself to click the link in fear of the anger it would unleash.

Hilarious? I thought you were annoyed that his coworkers were praising him even though you didn't like his movies?

Even badness has it's humorous moments. That's why I love films like Battlefield Earth even though all I do is laugh at how horrible it is. And I wouldn't say that I dislike all of Michael Bay's movies. I just find it funny that this video does nothing but praise a man who has clearly made a lot of decisions that were in bad taste. I can't even recall Peter Jackson getting this much praise dedicated solely to him. Even if he did, at least I would understand where every one was coming from, because those were pretty good movies.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this video was a joke. It would have been great if it was, but these folks honestly believe they're in the presence of a genius... which tragically I guess he is if he can make movies with such bad taste and still make millions.
:lol

It's for the TRANSFORMERS hall of fame though.....that would be like saying you're angry that the prequels made it into the star wars hall of fame....

Yeah, but when you have Steven Spielberg praising Bay's story telling skills, some things just cannot be overlooked.

Don't go see SUPER 8; there's two absent/dead mothers and the one girl in the main ensemble is a damsel in distress. Unless Steve is on your list, now?

Don't go see SUPER 8; there's two absent/dead mothers and the one girl in the main ensemble is a damsel in distress. Unless Steve is on your list, now?

Who's Steve?

Anyways, I lost interest in Super 8 the moment I heard "The story is really about the father and son dynamic with just an alien thrown in", because that did wonders for Spielberg's War of the Worlds.

Robbie: If you love me, you have to let me go.

Die, you son of a &@($#.

*The Film's Ending*

:eek :sick

Look at how much he's done moviewise however, at least people know who he is. He's good at what he does and it shows. His movies are far from masterpieces or even classics for that matter, but at least if you shut your brain down and watch the film, you'll enjoy it.

They're mindless action films with sexy women and explosions, nothing more.

The loser should be buried UNDER the Transformers Hall of fame with the sewer running over him while on a bed of rusty nails.

Tbh, Michael Bay is, despite everyones hate (even mine) and his bad decisions, a really great director, of movies for 12-19 year old boys.
No-one can make a 75 Camaro, or Megan Fox look that good.
No-one can kill a whole bunch of innocent people in a scene and make you go WOOOOW like he can. And I even like a few of his films, even if I should know better.
Some arent't that bad, like The Island, The Rock, even Bad Boys 1 (lets not mention the other)
No-one (as far as I can remember) has critizised the effects work in the 'Transformers' movies. The only thing I think he really sucks at is deciding when or when not to shoot a script, and one thing he's not very good at is restraint.
Give him a bad script and free hands, and you end up with 'Pearl Harbour' or 'ROTF', which, even if they both su*k a** really loud( I had to make up that expression) they still look immensly good, in every scene. It's easy to understand that he has made a bunch of car commercials and Playmate videos, but I can't help somehow believeing that on the inside he has a really good artist, who just happens to be in the pocket of the US army, and GM... and needs guidance.
Stephen Spielberg on the other hand...is the same IMO, just older, and used to a different audience. When he gets a movie he cares about ('Schindlers list', 'Saving Matt Damon', he really shines. When he needs money, we get, War of the worlds :p
And I think most of the comments in the video seems truthful, they obviously try hard to not mention the stuff he does not like (dialogue, boring scenes) , and what Spielberg says about the humour stuff in really serious scenes is true (even if it's a Jerry Bruckheimer/ Joel Silver trademark).

Eh... I loved Transformers. Part 2 was definitely lacking what I loved in the first film, but overall was okay. I think the third one will be awesome.

I like fun films as much as I like deep films. Mainly I just want to forget about life for a couple hours and enjoy something not of this world.

I can't think of a Bay film I hated really... okay there is one.. Pearl Harbor. I actually forgot bout that one because I've kinda blocked that memory out of my life by now, hahaha.

Overall he maintains a decent balance of comedy, action and intensity. Storywise probably not up there with other films, but they're just a fun ride.

One of my absolute favs of his was The Rock. Very cool flick.

Because in 2007, Hasbro had 1.3 billion in global retail sales, and Transformers toys were $484 million of that. That was the only year I could find fast to make a point, but if that's roughly so for that last little while, I don't think it's too much for a company to set up a Hall of Fame for self-congratulations.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back