Endurance Test: Michael Bay Honored

They should have the entire G1 cartoon cast in that Hall of fame before Bay not to mention Simon Furman for all the comic work he did that tied in with the later toy lines.

Because in 2007, Hasbro had 1.3 billion in global retail sales, and Transformers toys were $484 million of that. That was the only year I could find fast to make a point, but if that's roughly so for that last little while, I don't think it's too much for a company to set up a Hall of Fame for self-congratulations.

:rolleyes

It's for the TRANSFORMERS hall of fame though.....that would be like saying you're angry that the prequels made it into the star wars hall of fame....

Eh...not exactly. I can see Transformers cartoon/toy fans REALLLLLY not liking the Bay movies. I mean, if ANYTHING from "Rise of Cobra" was honored at a GI Joe Hall of Fame, I'd be disgusted, because it doesn't live up to the subject matter, but degrades it. I'd rather spend 90 minutes as the test subect for fire ant vasectomy training than watch that crap again.

Yeah, there was a difference between transformers and GI JOE. Transformers at least had a good storyline compared to GI JOE not to mention the transformations were ***** inducing the first time we saw them.

GI JOE had nothing noteworthy going on for it, terrible casting, and just all around bad movie. Plus it had channing tatum as the main character, I mean common. That tool should only be allowed to do dance movies. Leave the real acting to ACTORS.

Regarding Bay, I meant to say something but lost it in the haze of delight surrounding the whole ice cream truck music thing. :lol

He sucks. All of his films are at best cheesy actioners and most of them are unbearable wastes of time that make you want your two hours of irreplaceable life back.

But even I liked The Rock, and Zykotec, I think your analysis was spot-on!

I can forgive a filmmaker for poor results. Not everyone is a master, and no one will satisfy all audiences all the time...

What I CANNOT and WILL NOT forgive Michael Bay for is the way he treats those that work for him.

FORGET his film results...

Simply as a person, he is an A**HOLE of the highest order.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back