Endor Commando Rifle

division 6

Master Member
I've been meaning to post this pix for some time and finally up loaded it the other day. :rolleyes

This is my throw together Rebel Alliance Commando Assult Rifle.
I was given a gutted airsoft reciever of an M-16 than someone had started to modify.

Everything else is scratch build using tubing and sheet styrene.
Pool filter hose was used for the forward grip.
a few metal parts from a misc greeblie box I got from Kenny (Elvis Trooper).
Real vintage strap loop from a gun show.

Not perfect, but not bad for only using a dremal and x-acto knife.
Mainly need to upgrade the single point scope and flash supressor with resin castings off the real deal.

Hope you like.
[
Rogue9EndorRifle.jpg

Me in full Commando getup. :D
CommandoCard.jpg

D6

:D Awesome work...
As you know I've started mine, Got most of the parts Just need to stop my other projects to finish it off,
I got Lazy since I got My Hoth Blaster anyway :)

3riflesnet.jpg

Ohhh...this brings back memories of the kindergarten:

"I show you mine and you show me yours" :lol...
o.k., here´s MINE:

DSC00080.JPG

DSC00081.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00084.JPG

Markus

THANKS WC...

Hey deralis

seems like you want to play "show me yours" too ;)...

(Sorry for the crappy pics :unsure)

DSC00308.JPG

DSC00309.JPG

DSC00310.JPG

DSC00311.JPG

DSC00312.JPG

Markus

THANKS AGAIN WC... :)

I think I like the "Hoth" model more than the "Endor" version. Just because it uses a STG43/MP44 receiver/grip as a base gun, and not an easy to recognize M16 receiver.

Both are very nice, I must say.

Thanks guys,

Markus, I actually used those pix of yours when I was building mine, as well as other references.

Is that Hoth rifle vacuum formed?

As for making it there was a lot of staring at pictures for weeks making notes on measurments than finding tubing that would match.
Than making all the other parts out of styrene sheet.
Some of it was 1/8" bit most of it was for sale signs from OSH.

It has a metal shower rod running the full length than spacers where glued on to fit the off white garden tubing of the correct outer dia.
The scope is tubing with couplers placed over it and 2 part epoxy putty to round it out.
Some sentra was used for the scope rings and the rail it sits on.

D6

Great rifles, guys..

I recently got a cheapie springer M-16 with the intention of making this rifle. The box claims it's 1:1. But my retired navy buddy took a look at said it's as much as 1/3 too small. So if I start adding on found items at full scale I may be screwed.

Anyone know of a site that gives the measurements of an M-16 grip and receiver?

D6...the Hoth rifle is based on a metal-cast Stgw44, with a combinatiojn of resin and scratch-built details, real SP scope and scope-ring.

Weights more than the real MP44 :lol

Markus

Thanks Markus,
You have an impresive collection.

While I know the original rifle was stamped metal it looks like it could easly be vacformed.

might be the way to go for large groups of Hoth Troopers. ;)
Someday when I finish building my vac setup I may have to give it a try.

Tredwell my rifle may very well be undersized as well since I know nothing about fire arms.
But I am guessing it's full scale since the person I got it from is a gun nut.

D6

Very cool stuff. I am on my way to Lowes now, inspired by this thread to build a blaster rifle. :D

I have a couple busted m-16 airsofts laying around so why not. :)

Njc-------------------------

The receiver on my AR-15 (same as the M16, minus some allowances inside for auto-fire parts) is about 7 7/8" long from the flat edge at the rear (minus the plate at the back that holds in the detent pin on the carbine) to the front of the rounded hump at the front that holds the forward take-down pin.

The mag well (from the edge of the trigger guard to the end of the receiver) is a little over 2 3/4."

(And I'll agree with Jimbo I think... the less recognizable receiver makes the Hoth version cooler I think. And it fits in more with the whole WWII schtick other original trilogy weapons use )

Originally posted by Treadwell@Feb 10 2006, 10:21 PM
Great rifles, guys..

I recently got a cheapie springer M-16 with the intention of making this rifle. The box claims it's 1:1. But my retired navy buddy took a look at said it's as much as 1/3 too small. So if I start adding on found items at full scale I may be screwed.

Anyone know of a site that gives the measurements of an M-16 grip and receiver?
[snapback]1181343[/snapback]​

here's My Resin Hoth Rifle. Got it off of Ebay.

Been wanting to do the Endor one for some time, just never got around to it, and the deal on the Hoth was great.

CIII030-vi.jpg

Any options on replica MP44's? I Googled it and there appears to have been an airsoft MP44 made during the 80's, but one site said only 1000 were made and would cost you around $800 now...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back