Endo 1:1 Bust

Aside from the chip, how does this new Sideshow/Winston bust differ from the previous one, which I believe was offered by Hollywood Collectors Gallery? Are any parts or castings different or more accurate?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SiR-ROUND @ Apr 4 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1455253[/snapback]</div>
I like this look so much better than the ultra glossy chrome...
[/b]

I would have to agree, I never knew of this one until the other day. I especially like the fact that you can remove the chip, how cool is that...I am easily amused I know.

Any tips on that "scorched look" for painting are welcome.

From what I've seen upon real metal, that damage consists of tiny dents.

So a heated small steelbrush banging on a skullkit and then some weathering could do the trick I think.

If I ever got one of these I would definitely get the battle damaged version, but pull out the chip and display on its own and never open up the skull again. :D

I had forgotten that I preordered this. When do they ship?

In terms of differences between the Hollywood Gallery version and Sideshow's well the eyes are not accurate on the Hollywood version. The teeth are also better on the Sideshow plus you have the coolness of the removable CPU.

I do not think they ship until June. I pre-ordered with flex pay and the first payment is the 20th of this month.

Thnaks.

Greg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Apr 4 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1455461[/snapback]</div>
I had forgotten that I preordered this. When do they ship?

In terms of differences between the Hollywood Gallery version and Sideshow's well the eyes are not accurate on the Hollywood version. The teeth are also better on the Sideshow plus you have the coolness of the removable CPU.
[/b]

Granted the chip is cool, but how are this new Sideshow version's eyes more accurate than the Hollywood Collectors Gallery version?

By the way, I had my Hollywood Collectors Gallery modified- removed the audio clip device, installed a wall power plug for the eyes and upgraded the eye light bulbs (not the lenses) to the supposedly correct original bulbs from Radio Shack.

I had this new Sideshow one preordered but then I remembered- every 4 or 5 years they are going to improve something and release a new version and I won't get jack for the previous version when I try to sell it. I've had the Icons and now have the Hollywood which is nice enough; I'm getting tired of the upgrades. So I cancelled the order. I'll wait to see it when it ships and perhaps consider it then. But this is cool for anyone who never had the previous versions.

I just ordered one :D

1 question, when you pay with flex pay, do they ship when your last payment is made, or do they ship when its released, then just charge every month till its paid up?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Apr 5 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]1456377[/snapback]</div>

1 question, when you pay with flex pay, do they ship when your last payment is made, or do they ship when its released, then just charge every month till its paid up?
[/b]

I have seen it both done both ways I guess it depends on the company. I bet however they will ship item then charge monthly or it would be called Lay Away not Flex Pay.. :D Beside they have your information and an Endo Bust is not worth changing all of your contact info and changing banks. Just to try and get a freebie... :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Apr 5 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]1456377[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

From Sideshow:
How does it work?
Our FLEXPAY option allows collectors to pay for their item in a few affordable monthly payments, which will conveniently be charged to your card on a pre-set schedule. Shipping costs and any applicable taxes will be charged in addition to the last payment on the item. Your collectible will then be shipped to you within 5-7 business days after the final fees have been charged to your credit card on file.[/b]

I bought my Buffy statue and the final flex-pay was when it was released to everyone. I do not think it will ship to anyone sooner than last pay date.

Thanks.

Greg

There's something about the Hollywood Collector Gallery eyes that just don't look right and I'm not refering to the obvious lense cover.

Original Eye

Sideshow Eye

HCG Eye

The original eye seems to have the same type of lens used in the Mi kit. t first it looks like it has a dark rim, but I think that's the sides you're looking at.

Here's the Mi lenses:

mi18.jpg

This one is just hoovering, but you can see the dark effect the thick sides create when in place.

Sadly, the Mi kit is 10% smaller than the lifesize.

But I really dislike those plastic grid eyes... Those are the same as seen in T3 FX images. The original eye had that beautiful working iris look.

The eyes on the new SIdeshow skull either sit higher in the socket or are canted in an upward gaze. It creates a more menacing visage.

In The Winston Effect book, most of the shots of the original Endos have eyes like this. Also the shot of the Endo skull masked in flame (that is used as cover art on the M1 box) has eyes gazing up in this manner.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back