Ending scene that was planed for Dutch

Estelle

Please forgive me if this has already been posted. I dug this up in my quest for any more news, rumors and whatnot of Predators 2. This is an ending scene idea that was meant for Dutch.
~Estelle

Ground begins to vibrate, barely perceptible at first.

Growing stronger, rising in intensity and volume.

As if a freight train was coming toward them.

Slowly Royce stands up. Isabelle alongside him.

Ready for whatever comes next.

Dust and ash swirl all around, obscuring vision in all directions.

Then the cloud settles, revealing—

A PREDATOR SHIP

This isn’t the Enterprise. Ugly. Battered. Functional.

They stare.

A form SHIMMERS into view. A Predator. Another. More. About a dozen of them.

Royce and Isabelle. No energy to fight. No point to run. They simply wait.

Predators part like the Red Sea. Their leader — his armor different from the rest, covered in trophies from untold hunts — approaches.

Surveys up our duo. The devastation. Last but not least, the slain Black Super Predator.

Slowly he removes his helmet.

The face beneath it belongs to—

DUTCH

The man. The myth. The legend.

DUTCH
Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.

SMASH TO BLACK

THE END

Was that the official ending written for Arnold? Wow... that's pretty cheeseball. I guess I just don't understand the fascination with bringing the Dutch character back; even in a cameo.

Yeah, he defeated a Predator, now let's move on. The same goes for Danny Glover. I saw in another one of your posts that he was the first choice over Laurence Fishburne. I think that, for the franchise to grow after it's latest successful (despite its flaws) installment, it needs to cut it's ties to the past. Move beyond the novel ideas of throwin' Schwarzenegger or Glover back in there. I don't like thinking that the franchise is tied down by the Terminator or "I'm too old for this ****."

Look at Ellen Ripley... I was sick of that character after the second movie. I guess Sigourney Weaver had some kind of sick hold or investment in the franchise. There is no Sigourney, only Ellen Ripley.

:D

From my understanding, It's one of a couple of "Dutch" endings (not sure how official they are) that were toyed with. Yeah, you have a point.. if the franchise is to move on, ties do need to be cut which will allow movement in another direction. But at the same time, leaving Arnie and Danny alive will always leave the "door open" for them. It'll be as if some unfinished business exist and that too will also keep the films from progressing. Heck! maybe they should bring them back kill them off and then there'll be no choice but to move on as that chapter in the book of Pred franchise will be over and done with, no questions asked
~Estelle

I can't remember the details because it's been a few months since I read it, but this sounds just like the scene that was in the 'leaked script' as the alternate ending.

Timeline wise I guess it could have worked but I didn't want see that type of ending.

I can't remember the details because it's been a few months since I read it, but this sounds just like the scene that was in the 'leaked script' as the alternate ending.

Timeline wise I guess it could have worked but I didn't want see that type of ending.
Personally I think that would have been a jaw dropper for me :) o_O

That ending was on the early staged script. thank god it didnt happen.

Personally if they could have got Arnie involved it would have made more sense to have DUTCH instead of NOLAN.

just my opinion of course :)

Yeah..lol. That ending is ridiculous, but they did say they had a weird ending in mind at the time. That definitely fits the bill.

I find the idea of both, 1) A man actually leading a band of preddies and 2) The preddies blindly following him as their beloved leader preposterous. Could you imagine how that would make preddies come across !?! For that reason alone I'm glad they scrapped that alternate ending.
~Estelle

Dutch was what? 5'10 to 6 feet tall?

How could they show a movie with a Predator and not have that become glaring? ( I.E. that the Dutch Predator wouldn't be much taller than the Brody character?)

Also the Super Black as a hidden Dutch would have to be fully covered/armored. Not sure how they could pull that off.

I would like to see Dutch and Harrigan again in some fashion but not like this.

lol bro's and bro'ets that ending i think we can all agree wouldve been the dumbest lamest ending that they could've chosen i agree i would've liked to see arny instead of fishbern i think thatd make since that the preds would abduct the best and arnold would still be the best on that planet i thought noland wasnt believable at all anyways i mean your telling me he lugged his fat ass around the bushes from predators killing three of them or whatever and didnt loose a pound no sir im not buying it but then again arnold isnt exactly in shape for pred hunting anymore either so i agree dont fall into the same mistakes as terminator and aliens by running your main character into the ground i mean a cg arnold in salvation it first of all looked ridecules and second just didnt make sense but its whatever dude that being said i would kinda like to see a dutch bio armor design i mean thatd be cool i think

..... noland wasnt believable at all anyways i mean your telling me he lugged his fat ass around the bushes from predators killing three of them or whatever and didnt loose a pound no sir im not buying it ....
Dude..I think I figured it out. There's no need to complain or be disgruntled by LF's weight!!!...The script called for LF to be big!!!!... The answer as to why this is, is in details! You have to pay attention to the film. You remember when LF says he had killed three Preddies? :) Did you notice he was cooking something when he was telling Royce and friends about killing Preddies? o_O Well, what do you think he was cooking? Preddy stew!!! LF was eating Preddy flesh the whole time he had been on that rock! That's why he was soo big, I mean we all would be if we ate a consistent diet of Preddies, think about it. lol Also preddy meat could be behind Nolan's eccentric behavior too! Maybe it's toxic or something?
~Estelle

lol. np. I'm just being silly. I think Arnie may have worked, if utilized the right way... I know that damn ending would have killed if for sure though!
~Estelle

Dutch was what? 5'10 to 6 feet tall?

How could they show a movie with a Predator and not have that become glaring? ( I.E. that the Dutch Predator wouldn't be much taller than the Brody character?)

Also the Super Black as a hidden Dutch would have to be fully covered/armored. Not sure how they could pull that off.

I would like to see Dutch and Harrigan again in some fashion but not like this.

official stats put him at 6'2"

I remember reading this in the original leaked script, as others have said. Im also glad they didn't add this at the end.
Would've been a complete bomb.

I agree. If they were going to use Dutch in any way, they missed their chance in P2. DG was alright for that role, but they would have been better off with a different Lead Role, and a more "compelling" story.

Oh well.... what's done is done. I still liked P2, but it kind of sucked in a way. The best one will always be the original, and until they learn how to make a REAL AVP film... yeah.

Please forgive me if this has already been posted. I dug this up in my quest for any more news, rumors and whatnot of Predators 2. This is an ending scene idea that was meant for Dutch.
~Estelle

Ground begins to vibrate, barely perceptible at first.

Growing stronger, rising in intensity and volume.

As if a freight train was coming toward them.

Slowly Royce stands up. Isabelle alongside him.

Ready for whatever comes next.

Dust and ash swirl all around, obscuring vision in all directions.

Then the cloud settles, revealing—

A PREDATOR SHIP

This isn’t the Enterprise. Ugly. Battered. Functional.

They stare.

A form SHIMMERS into view. A Predator. Another. More. About a dozen of them.

Royce and Isabelle. No energy to fight. No point to run. They simply wait.

Predators part like the Red Sea. Their leader — his armor different from the rest, covered in trophies from untold hunts — approaches.

Surveys up our duo. The devastation. Last but not least, the slain Black Super Predator.

Slowly he removes his helmet.

The face beneath it belongs to—

DUTCH

The man. The myth. The legend.

DUTCH
Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.

SMASH TO BLACK

THE END

Thanks for this, made me smile :p

What an ending that would have been. I would have to stretchered out of the cinema if i saw that haha!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back