Interest ENDED: ROTJ STUNT R2 Lightsaber.....yeah that one.

No worries! To put it simply, bubbles always want to rise and the easiest way you get them to do that the better. In this case a horizontal pour will mean there is a shorter distance for them to rise and depart from the mold.

sabers.jpg

First batch poured and ready to ship with much better results! There still will be a few bubblies to cover but I'm happy to resurrect a prop this old for you guys. Anyone else down for one, please let me know as I'll be retiring the mold after the next batch.
Oh regarding the silver one, I had used the Alsa Chrome paint over Black Laqcuer. It was kind of a test which I plan on redoing better later, but yeah it has a nice used metal look right now, more like old Obi-Wan's!

N

View attachment 1251183
First batch poured and ready to ship with much better results! There still will be a few bubblies to cover but I'm happy to resurrect a prop this old for you guys. Anyone else down for one, please let me know as I'll be retiring the mold after the next batch.
Oh regarding the silver one, I had used the Alsa Chrome paint over Black Laqcuer. It was kind of a test which I plan on redoing better later, but yeah it has a nice used metal look right now, more like old Obi-Wan's!

N

Thank you for sharing that color! I’m going to try the same thing

So strange to see stuff I sent unboxed. Re: the Clear parts. Gimme a bit. I have those too. So no need to recreate them.

I have the back piece! Dont have the Bike though! Stay tuned!

Re; the sabers. We made two molds, trying two different techniques. One worked better than the other. So we kept that one.
We tried to make the SEAM as tiny as possible and minimize the airbubbles. But even that, there are two types of bubbles, Air Gaps, where resin just didnt make it into the mold...and those TINY PAIN IN THE ASS HARD TO FILL bubbles, usually from non-pressurized molds, or moisture in the resin.
Personally, air gap bubbles are easily puttied. So you will have to forgive us. But we did our best to minimize the others if not eliminate all together.

The Seam, we wanted as dead on..because if the alignment is off, the saber is wonky so that had priority. I think everyone will be happy with how they came out. This was Nathan's baby....I just helped where i could.

Hi Frank, do you know if they have all been shipped? I haven’t yet seen it on my Usps informed delivery.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back