Dennys Fisher Dr. Who Giant Robot - Help!

John Bigboote

Hey folks,

Sorry if you’ve seen this before - I posted this to the Dr. Who Reddit but never got an answer - so I’ve come cap in hand here.

Acquaintance has a Dennys Fisher Dr. Who Giant Robot but the rubber bands inside it have perished over time

I don’t suppose anyone’s got any tips or tricks on swapping out the rubber bands inside one of these old chaps?

I’m afraid the only videos and pages I could find online are all in interested in replacing hands and shoulder pads.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

Sorry if you’ve seen this before - I posted this to the Dr. Who Reddit but never got an answer - so I’ve come cap in hand here.

Acquaintance has a Dennys Fisher Dr. Who Giant Robot but the rubber bands inside it have perished over time

I don’t suppose anyone’s got any tips or tricks on swapping out the rubber bands inside one of these old chaps?

I’m afraid the only videos and pages I could find online are all in interested in replacing hands and shoulder pads.

Cheers!

I recommend you PM Michael French aka "NoHandLuke" here at TheRPF. He and his wife Melinda run the RetroBlasting YouTube channel, and they have been doing toy repairs/restorations for YEARS. He might could offer some suggestions, but I'm not sure how often he visits the board these days. You could reach out to him through the RetroBlasting channel or website however.

I recommend you PM Michael French aka "NoHandLuke" here at TheRPF. He and his wife Melinda run the RetroBlasting YouTube channel, and they have been doing toy repairs/restorations for YEARS. He might could offer some suggestions, but I'm not sure how often he visits the board these days. You could reach out to him through the RetroBlasting channel or website however.
Hey,

Thank you very much for the lead!
I have posted this question in a bunch of places and haven’t got so much as a reply anywhere - you’re the first.

Greatly, greatly appreciated. Top Shelf!

Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back