Emulating the classic 1977 Tie Fighter v X Wing photo

S4Simon

I 've built a permanent glass display in my cinema room for all my Star Wars stuff, and I've been taking photos of all the Bandai kits. Surprisingly the photos are turning out really nice just with an IPhone. The display downlighting creates just the right lighting level. Anyway thought I'd try to replicate the classic '77 photo of the Tie chasing the X Wing. Albeit with the new version of the Tie and new X Wing.

Here's the pic (Original and my new one). Added the lasers by using the original rotoscoping method in photoshop.

TIEvsX-wing-SWSB_zpsngxjtxtx.jpg

duo%20raw%20mod2%20green_zpshmpqqoba.jpg

Plus I've added a few other shots that turned out okay. Again all taken with the iPhone, no flash, just downlighting. Cupboard display is black so this just sought of disappears into the background.

Y%20wing%20r%20mod_zpsnvzipmil.jpg

new%20x%20raw%20mod_zps8atitrmt.jpg

tie%20int%201%20mod_zpsk9qfjkuh.jpg

display%20snowspeeder%20mod%20clean_zpshasowacx.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! If you can make 1/72 scale models look like studio-scale 1/24 ones you are truly a master. :)

Or you have a damn good iPhone..! ;)

Thanks for the comments. :)

Here's a pic of the 72nd scale electronic Bandai X Wing - another great model.

WRT adding stars. Too much hard work. I've just finished adding 600 fibre optics to my cinema ceiling - almost killed me.

x4mod_zps5wuem45o.jpg

292FF770-053F-48BC-9E07-01147AEAAC12_zps0asr6hga.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back