Ember’s 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Aayla Secura

FullLength.jpg
FullLengthBack.jpg

So, I have to ask... What is R2D2 doing to Animal in the background? :lol

Great job on the costume!!

Awesome job, your skills at sewing and makeup are incredible! My wife did a variation of Aayla a few years ago and we ordered a lekku from Twi-lek Pam. we were thinking of repainting it, not sure how that would go over the blue, and her doing Jabbas dancer, with me as Chewie in chains and my daughter as Leia in bounty hunter gear (not slave leia! :LOL ). have you ever painted over the lekku material?

Awesome job, your skills at sewing and makeup are incredible! My wife did a variation of Aayla a few years ago and we ordered a lekku from Twi-lek Pam. we were thinking of repainting it, not sure how that would go over the blue, and her doing Jabbas dancer, with me as Chewie in chains and my daughter as Leia in bounty hunter gear (not slave leia! :LOL ). have you ever painted over the lekku material?

Hi there, thanks :)

It took me a few goes to get the right shade of blue for Aayla, and after each unsuccessful attempt I carefully scrubbed off all the paint and applied the new colour. I use my bodypaint to paint them, that way I can guarantee that the lekku will be the same colour as the rest of me! (though I've heard that on some people the colour can look a slightly different shade on the lekku compared with the same paint on their skin, so it's best to do a test first!)
If possible, you'll find it much easier to paint the lekku if you are able to strip the blue paint off them, to take them back to their original state. That way the paint will adhere directly to the latex rather than the undesired paint below, and you won't need to worry so much about the colour not matching the body paint since the blue underneath may taint the green.

That's a very cool idea - doing family Tatooine costumes together, I hope your wife's Oola costume goes well :)

Like Star Wars?
Like Twi'leks?
Like gals in Star Wars Twilek costumes?

Vote for Ember as Aayla Secura in the ladies category! :D

Many thanks to those of you who have already voted for me!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back