eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I did receive a Vader which I specifically said I did not want. I simply wanted my Scout bucket. I emailed them numerous times stating I wanted a refund. I was told since I accepted a Vader helmet I could not received one. Apparently "accepting" in their minds means getting the a delivery company to drop one off when you're not home.

I would be disgusted to find that we basically "crowd-funded" these helmets for use in The Mandalorian.

What they've done is criminal (fraud) the the truest sense. Especially if it's true that we ended up paying for costume pieces used in a major production that would have also paid eFx for their time and product. I would love to see these people prosecuted for what they've done as they took advantage of a lot of people here.

Shawn

Personally, I didn’t receive a Vader. I sent one email a week explaining I didn’t want one for five weeks, these were all ignored. I eventually got a response from efx via a mobile phone number (which in itself was difficult to find) and managed to get a refund before they were sent out.
I will also say that amidst all the trying to contact them myself, my CC company was also trying to get a refund for non delivery. They couldn’t get this because we couldn’t find a specific year for expected delivery in any adverts or correspondence from efx and Bryan told Barclaycard they would only refund for defective products.

It was a horrible and stressful time compounded by efx clearly doing everything in their power to not help or cooperate in any way. $899 is not a small amount.
Call me bitter and twisted but this is why I cannot bear to see this company (and others) treat their customers with contempt.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone else declined the Vader bribe or managed to contact them at that time.

I wish these companies that have the licenses would just 3d scan the actual prop helmets. This Scout looks WAY off to me and I've been waiting for them to release it for years.

What a huge disappointment (like their ANH Trooper helmet sculpt). Here's what could have been achieved from a 3d scan of the real prop (my 1/6 scale set for stun casting). This little helmet is like holding a scaled down real prop. What a shame they couldn't have done something like this for their Scout Trooper release.

I so agree. I’m such a sucker for Stormtroopers and I think Sideshow it awesome. However, for the life of me I can’t understand why every one of their trooper figures in every scale they seem to completely flub the helmet and I never buy one. How can they not know.

I did purchases the Adikus Sandtrooper which is really cool.

EFX newsletter for those who might have missed it:

efx1.jpg
efx2.jpg
efx3.jpg

9986df4f-6a4b-4c25-b67d-0103bf4d2c73.jpg

So..... looking at this vac form it looks like they are forming the two back halves as one? How is this constructing like the originals.
I may be wrong but it looks like one piece to me even though I can’t see the back.
I want sweat, blood and ******* tears the amount of time and money this things cost. I don’t care if they have issues. This is the kind of research they should have done before taking everyone’s money.

View attachment 1292863

So..... looking at this vac form it looks like they are forming the two back halves as one? How is this constructing like the originals.
I may be wrong but it looks like one piece to me even though I can’t see the back.
I want sweat, blood and ******* tears the amount of time and money this things cost. I don’t care if they have issues. This is the kind of research they should have done before taking everyone’s money.
It appears they separated the top from the lower part of the back. Similar to how the PCR Fett helmet has a separate top.

I know there are some makers who make the dome and backpiece separate, instead of the two halves down the center. I purposefully ignore those due to the inaccurate construction. Now EFX is making theirs wrong at a much higher cost. Glad I didn't get this.

OMG, seriously? After almost 10 years they have a "PRE-production sample for approval" for the Scout Trooper Legend Edition?! :cautious::lol:
Maybe the green ink from Logan's Signature Plaque will bring in enough money for a final completion in another 10 years.
May the gap be with you...

I don't have the efx Scout Legend on order, but I would be pretty annoyed after all the statements about using original ILM master tools and accuracy that efx changes the basic construction method. That isn't how to make what they claim is an incredibly accurate prop replica. It may be a better method for cost, time, and durability, but it isn't the most accurate.

The Machinist in me wants to call ******** on the excuse of their machine shop in LA being shut down rn since every shop I know is still going, but its also possible the shops prioritized medical manufacturing for the moment

Seems like a silly way to vacuum form the rear of the helmet. With those undercuts around the 'ears' obviously they would have a hard time removing it from the buck. It's split to hell.

I'm surprised they released that image. Not only is it inaccurate, it's a flawed design.. Glad I got a refund otherwise I'd be peeved instead of laughing right now.

I thought the whole point of the Legend edition was to make is as close as possible to the originals. 8 years and they are now close to having a pre-production piece for approval and the thing is built inaccurately... Dear god what a mess...
When they released the Stormtrooper Hero helmet, they said that they were using premium material for the Legend line in order to make the props durable, so resin +fiberglass instead of vacformed parts.
And then, we learn they are vacuum forming the Biker Scout Legend helmet, so no premium/durable material...
Nothing makes sense with their process... They don't even follow their principles.
Well.. they always go for cheaper ways, they don't respect how it was made and they don't respect the money people invest in their product

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back