eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

How is that a loophole? How is basically giving you back $300 to bide your time a bit longer a bad thing? This is why I am commenting here. A company does a GOOD THING to keep its customers who have paid their deposits appeased, and people like you want to crap on it. Do you know what goes into manufacturing injection molded plastic? The cost of tooling? The man-hours involved in the finishing process? If so, let us know how cheaply you could have made a Vader helmet with the degree of accuracy this one has. It isn't a flawless piece, compared to the fiberglass legend, but its shape is better than any fan sculpt.

It is a loophole when someone requested a refund via the email efx told people to contact and the they ignore the person and send them a vader helmet. Which caused them to not get a refund when they wanted one.

How is that a loophole? How is basically giving you back $300 to bide your time a bit longer a bad thing? This is why I am commenting here. A company does a GOOD THING to keep its customers who have paid their deposits appeased, and people like you want to crap on it. Do you know what goes into manufacturing injection molded plastic? The cost of tooling? The man-hours involved in the finishing process? If so, let us know how cheaply you could have made a Vader helmet with the degree of accuracy this one has. It isn't a flawless piece, compared to the fiberglass legend, but its shape is better than any fan sculpt.

I sense a little bit of Gino leaking. Don't have a coniption now..

It is a loophole when someone requested a refund via the email efx told people to contact and the they ignore the person and send them a vader helmet. Which caused them to not get a refund when they wanted one.

Explain how it is a loophole? They screwed up with issuing refunds. Point
They tell people "Hey, if you forego your refund, we will send you our new PCR Vader". You agree or disagree. You agree, you get a Vader bucket. You disagree, you can say "Hey, gimme back my money!" No one is forcing anyone's hand, or is there some text that I do not know about in regards to these helmets?

- - - Updated - - -

I sense a little bit of Gino leaking. Don't have a coniption now..

You couldn't give me a coniption if you tried...and you clearly are. You are just not a fan of using logic, or the ability to argue a point. It's cool. You said the helmet was made cheaply. I'd like to hear more of your expert opinion on what goes into manufacturing injection molded plastics. I'd like to hear how you could make it better at the price point offered. So, please...continue and enlighten me.

They tell people "Hey, if you forego your refund, we will send you our new PCR Vader". You agree or disagree. You agree, you get a Vader bucket. You disagree, you can say "Hey, gimme back my money!" No one is forcing anyone's hand, or is there some text that I do not know about in regards to these helmets?

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't give me a coniption if you tried...and you clearly are. You are just not a fan of using logic, or the ability to argue a point. It's cool. You said the helmet was made cheaply. I'd like to hear more of your expert opinion on what goes into manufacturing injection molded plastics. I'd like to hear how you could make it better at the price point offered. So, please...continue and enlighten me.

The argument is sound, you're just willfully ignorant to see what's been happening

- - - Updated - - -

It is a loophole because now efx can say we sent you a vader helmet so you will not get a refund when in fact the person had emailed in requesting a refund a while back but efx decided to ignore them and give no refund. To me and almost everyone, that is a loophole/unethical practice.

The argument is sound, you're just willfully ignorant to see what's been happening

Gods above and below, you are not good at this. Maybe step back and let others handle the discussion while you look up how much manufacture and distribution of a plastic Vader helmet would cost, m'kay?

You're out of your element, Donnie.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a loophole because now efx can say we sent you a vader helmet so you will not get a refund when in fact the person had emailed in requesting a refund a while back but efx decided to ignore them and give no refund. To me and almost everyone, that is a loophole/unethical practice.

Did you email EFX for a refund? Did you agree to get a Vader helmet and forego your refund?

Gods above and below, you are not good at this. Maybe step back and let others handle the discussion while you look up how much manufacture and distribution of a plastic Vader helmet would cost, m'kay?

You're out of your element, Donnie.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you email EFX for a refund? Did you agree to get a Vader helmet and forego your refund?

Ok little Gino

The free Vader PCR is a good gesture if they actually do produce the scout helmet in a reasonable amount of time. I think people are afraid that won't happen.

The issues with the efx website doesn't instill much confidence in their ability to be successful longterm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The free Vader PCR is a good gesture if they actually do produce the scout helmet in a reasonable amount of time. I think people are afraid that won't happen.

The issues with the efx website doesn't instill much confidence in their ability to be successful longterm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is a valid fear. I'd love to hear from others on the pre-order list as well. I'm queuing up for the SE ANH Vader. I'm not a big enough ANH Vader fan to want either fiberglass edition and won't mind people handling that one.

Anyone who runs a business like this should expect backlash. Look at it like this:

1) Order BS helmet
2) Ask for updates etc and receive little or nothing
3) Offered free Vader helmet that you can only accept if you waiver the right to cancel 2 year old BS helmet order ( which is worth double the Vader) -very dodgy in itself. Anyone who has waited this long with so few updates and such poor treatment should get this WITHOUT waivering any rights.

If this were a private maker selling in the Junkyard would he be given the same stay of execution? I think not. This fiasco only proves more that you are better buying unlicensed, quality rather than overdue limited numbers from companies who abuse the trust people have put in them.

Are you railing this hard against Anovos? Just curious.

I emailed efx for a refund back in November 15 and then every month until they sent out the dedicated Bikerscout email address, I then emailed that address requesting a refund. I tried the efx CS phone number on a regular basis and messaged them on FB. It was also suggested on here that I pm Gino for info, lol.

I didn't get a single reply from any of the methods used and it was only when I left a couple of messages on Bryan's personal mobile phone that I finally got a refund. I have no doubt if I hadn't found that phone number I'd be receiving a PCR Vader round about now with no come back on the Scout.

I haven't had a problem with their delays and love their products but being ignored for six months for simply wanting to cancel an order didn't do it for me. It's a shame and very sad that an official, licence holding company choose to operate this way but it seems some companies feel they can do as they please. Like I say, such a shame.

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

Ok... first and foremost I do not have a dog in this fight... but a lot of my brothers do so that makes it my concern as well.

I would recommend this... Get what is available now, no promises, no plans for the future. I have only bought from eFX existing items on fleabay, so have zero complaints. Love the items I have. Including the new Vader PCR, that gives me the giggles every time I look at it (I'm hoping that will fade).

If there is a financial or continued licensing concern at eFX... and I put it at 9 to 1 against... then getting your $ back is a foregone conclusion. Take the Vader if they actually do send you one and just wait for the sh*tstorm. When was the last time eFX released a product before a scheduled release date? Jump on that *****...

I appreciate Not Gino [sorry Bryan only know you by rep.] posting an identical statement on multiple threads that feel a disturbance in the force as pertains to eFX.

What I found interesting were a couple of points:

* So now the Prop Shop is THE licensed vendor for Force Awakens and future props. That shuts the door on eFX's ability to capitalize on current and future props... ever.

* Sometimes we have to look at what was said. Not what we want to hear. Bryan did not say anything positive. He said nothing has changed (ugh), your orders have not changed (double ugh)... essentially we are in the same situation we have always been... could use this opportunity to fill you in, but guess what? Later... So if the situation is that your orders will not be fulfilled because we are going belly up than that has indubitably not changed. At no time did Bryan say that any concerns were not real or valid. Just that nothing has changed. He could type that a split second before sending papers to bankruptcy court and he would be absolutely right.

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

So instead of 1 product every 5 years, we can now expect 2?

THIS is a legitimate beef. You cannot argue the quality of their merchandise, but you CAN argue their customer service has been less than...well..good.

"Less than good" is the understatement of the decade. Dysfunctional. Inexcusable. Unprofessional.

And I must laugh at the Anovos comparisons as well - when Anovos have been in business the exact period of time, and have proven to be equally abhorrent - then you're genuinely comparing, apples with apples. Anovos haven't been great by any means - but eFX is in their own league of amateurism.

Go look at the Anovos page. I just did. Over 40 products that they have taken payment for. They've shipped TWO. EFX has had TWO delays. If there is one legit complaint about EFX, it is their communication with customers. Their products have hit customers in a far more timely fashion than any other replica company that has come before, or since. This new joint, PropShop, will likely beat both.

Edit for the link to the SW items.
http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back