eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Gino's reply on Rebelscum: "There were several helmets and suits that were made for the stunt scenes. They are made of flexible rubber. They are still in the archives. The helmet pictured above is one of the rubber stunt helmets."

Another difference between the regular and the stunt helmets is that the stunt buckets had a wider opening cut for the lens, presumably for protective eyewear. Also, the visor was flared out at the bottom to increase the field of vision a bit more.

Not forgetting that the other Prop Store helmet (the one they got from Steve Sansweet) had a strange double vent. So thats three variants of rear vents.

Keith.

It would be interesting to see the vent area of the wooden mold. Something must have happened to the last two vents on the mold that was used to make the first prop store helmets vents to be the way they are. I don't think anyone is saying that helmet is not accurate or screen used are they?
Was the wooden mold used to make all the helmets, or was that a master that another mold was made from? Where is the original face mold anyway?

If the original mold has not had any repair work done on the vents, then for me, it's the first prop store helmet that is the strange one. How can a damaged looking "double" vent turn back into two single vents?
The RS original only has 7 vents, but it's possible more vents could have been added to the mold AFTER some helmets had already been made. You can't look at the original mold and say it never had fewer vents.

Keith.

Im sure Gino said the vents area on the wood buck was one rectangular hole with small pieces slotted into it to create the seperate vents. If some of the smaller pieces were loose, moved around slightly or removed it could explain the slight variations.

I find it very frustrating you can hype a product up, take people's money then spend another couple of years trying to get the product out with virtually no information to the people you took money from. It's very unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone reported on Rebelscum that EFX has had their license renewed for Ep 1-6 for ten years. That probably means they have Ep7 as well although no one else has kept their Ep 7 license secret.

We should see Boba by 2025 then.

:facepalm

This is my first purchase from EFX and while I knew they had something of a reputation for delays, I was willing to give them the benefit of a doubt. While the delays have now gone beyond the realm of absurdity even for me, what bothers me the most is the lack of updates and communication. They say they update us when they have something to report, but if there have been no developments worth updating us about in 6 months, there is certainly a serious problem here. Personally, I now think they had no intent to have these helmets ready by Sept/Oct 2014. I just don't see how they could've been so off on their delivery projections. I think the supposed "preorders" were nothing more than seed money to start development and they were in reality nowhere close to being ready. These helmets were clearly not as far along as we were led to believe.

Actually it'll be super easy for me... To NOT

im firmly in the fed up camp. I'm debating trying to get a refund for my scout. I half doubt they'll even be willing to refund me.

they need new management or manufacturers. Whatever the problems are... They need fixed.

I'll preorder a fix...

If they put the TK up for pre-order it is going to be VERY DIFFICULT to pull the trigger.

I would struggle to pull the trigger on anything eFX just now with all the delays.

However if they were offering a Stormtrooper guaranteeing it was being vacuum formed in plastic (Hero helmet as well vac formed) from all original screen pieces I would find it hard not to buy it.

Which I realise sounds crazy as I have other troopers in my collection that are very good and I know how eFX do business.

I would struggle to pull the trigger on anything eFX just now with all the delays.

However if they were offering a Stormtrooper guaranteeing it was being vacuum formed in plastic (Hero helmet as well vac formed) from all original screen pieces I would find it hard not to buy it.

Which I realise sounds crazy as I have other troopers in my collection that are very good and I know how eFX do business.

I hear ya. I would still give up a body part to get a RMQ Vader Helmet and Luke Reveal Saber back, despite the super cheapo lenses one the Vader.

Yeah, I was originally thinking about getting their ESB Boba Fett helmet and maybe their stormtrooper hero helmet, if it was ABS, but I don't like having my hard-earned money floating out there for years with nothing to show for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back