eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I actually didn't realize they were offering HDPE pulls. I had inquired late last year about an HDPE helmet run and they told me one would happen this year but I haven't heard anything since. Looks like they have their hands full...

I believe it's a limited run of 100 or less, and they're not advertised on the site. If you enquire now they may still have some available, but I'm pretty sure they're all but gone now. I've been told that the (HD)PE - or whatever the material actually is - was sourced as vintage old stock from the 70's and accurately matches the lighter shade of the two variations that the originals were made from. If this is true it's very cool, as that's the absolute closest you can get to owning an original. It's very plausible, since there must have been literally hundreds if not thousands of tons of this sheet material manufactured in the 70's for industrial purposes and manufacturing garden features etc, like the fish ponds and faux rockeries Ainsworth supposedly used his for. It's not hard to believe that there might be surplus stock still to be found today. I'm not sure they'll be offering any more once this stock has run out though, as apparently the minimum order for a custom run is 15 tons. That's a lot of Stormtroopers!

I actually didn't realize they were offering HDPE pulls. I had inquired late last year about an HDPE helmet run and they told me one would happen this year but I haven't heard anything since. Looks like they have their hands full...

I thought RS will start making Scouts with HDPE and wondering why for the same reason as you above. But seems the talk diverted to TK's

Yes, apologies for the OT comment. Someone asked why RS were also experiencing long delays similar to EFX. I'm waiting for product from both vendors, so hopefully they'll deliver soon. I know the long wait will be worth it on both counts.

I thought RS will start making Scouts with HDPE and wondering why for the same reason as you above. But seems the talk diverted to TK's

I had read on another forum (rebelscum?) that someone had received a response from a toy/collectible website regarding their pre-order of the efx scout and that the order isn't looking like it will be filled until sometime in October! Dunno' if someone on here can confirm?

The last message that EFX sent out was that it would be released around SD Comic-Con which is in about a week. I'd hope they'll update us soon either way. I spoke with them at Celebration a few months ago and they seemed optimistic. Fingers crossed.

I had read on another forum (rebelscum?) that someone had received a response from a toy/collectible website regarding their pre-order of the efx scout and that the order isn't looking like it will be filled until sometime in October! Dunno' if someone on here can confirm?

Well that would make them officially a year(!) late...

Ugh... Never again. At least not them directly. I'll go with a vendor who takes the pre-order without charging me until shipment is made... IF EFX survives.

I'm really looking forward to getting my EFX legend scout helmet, but I would rather wait and have a helmet without problems rather than them ship them out sooner with problems.
How many years have we been waiting for a totally accurate scout helmet? 32 years. What's another year or so really?

Keith.

I would rather wait and have a helmet without problems rather than them ship them out sooner with problems. What's another year or so really?

It's not they take their time - it is taking other people's money first and lack of communication afterwards.

That is a darned cheek, if you will pardon my saying so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back