eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I for one am done with this company. I am tempted to pick up their Han Solo Dices. BUT NEVER WILL I EVER pre-order from their website. I will just wait for a 3rd party seller to open their pre-order with a small deposit, or better still wait till the stock arrives (probably the best bet).

This company is a sham and how they can still be around is beyond me.

The SE Falcon with 3 signatures were only limited to 25. With that kind of limited number, there will be collectors who love the novelty of the extreme limited edition of the piece.

Those who wish to pre-order that 10K Star Destroyer? Better get it from a professional kit builder. Cheaper and way faster turn around time. Who in the right mind would hand 10 grand to eFX and hope they deliver?

Over six years since this was announced. Interesting!

So what does one do for a Biker Scout helmet? EFX has a huge gap, RS does not make them now, just kits which look like nightmares. What does one do???

So what does one do for a Biker Scout helmet? EFX has a huge gap, RS does not make them now, just kits which look like nightmares. What does one do???

Email RS, they will build one for you if you ask.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Im building one of thier kits at the moment. For me that's most of the fun. Don't be put off by it. Just take your time and think everything through. Check and double check everything. It's more about being carful and patient than anything. But as said above, email them. They are very nice people and will sort you out. ;)

Ben

Im building one of thier kits at the moment. For me that's most of the fun. Don't be put off by it. Just take your time and think everything through. Check and double check everything. It's more about being carful and patient than anything. But as said above, email them. They are very nice people and will sort you out. ;)

Ben

Thanks but I have more prop projects on my bench than I will ever get to so I need to get as much "finished" things as I can.

Thanks

I heard back from Andrea at RS. I asked if they offer the helmet finished and I did not care about any plaque, signature, etc. She said in regards to finished Biker Scout helmets, "Yes we offer them finished at £500 ($650 U.S.) plus shipping." I don't know what it comes with as far as stand or anything, I was just happy they offer them finished.

So good news if you want to skip the EFX.

I personally like the heavier fiberglass helmets. I don't do trooping, so I wish EFX had done a better job with theirs but at least there is a better option.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard back from Andrea at RS. I asked if they offer the helmet finished and I did not care about any plaque, signature, etc. She said in regards to finished Biker Scout helmets, "Yes we offer them finished at £500 ($650 U.S.) plus shipping." I don't know what it comes with as far as stand or anything, I was just happy they offer them finished.

So good news if you want to skip the EFX.

I personally like the heavier fiberglass helmets. I don't do trooping, so I wish EFX had done a better job with theirs but at least there is a better option.

Thanks

Ask RS about their Red Label Scout Helmet.

Its cap is fiberglass and peak and faceplate is abs.
This makes manufacturing easier so they don’t have to spend labor and time marrying and sanding the two halves together.

will come completed, and slightly less expensive

from what i heard, still light enough to troop

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask RS about their Red Label Scout Helmet.

Its cap is fiberglass and peak and faceplate is abs.
This makes manufacturing easier so they don’t have to spend labor and time marrying and sanding the two halves together.

will come completed, and slightly less expensive

from what i heard, still light enough to troop

I think the whole point of the red label line is that it's FOR trooping .visually it's identical to their dead screen accurate collectors editions, but the main fibreglass helmet is stronger and more resistant to flexing during long events when being worn .
Also, their screen accurate scout armour is now up for pre order !!!
For the first time ever, a screen accurate scout trooper costume is available both to the collector and the costumer .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update from EFX...

November 10, 2018

Order No.: xxxxxx

First, I want to personally thank you for your continued patience and support in regard to the delays associated with the Legend Edition of our Scout Trooper helmet. Rest assured that we are still working diligently on the manufacturing of the helmet.

Due to significant quality hurdles, we were forced to change vendors and are now working with a vendor who we are confident can manufacture our helmets to our standards. Although production has not begun yet, but we are working with the new vendor as quickly as possible towards that goal.

Please expect to get periodic updates as we get closer to shipping the helmet, which is on track to be shipped in the first quarter of 2019.

Our (obsessive) dedication to producing the most accurate, quality representation of the original prop is the root of this extended delay, and we take full responsibility for that!

We apologize if you received this emailed in error!

I thank you once again for your continued patience.

Thanks!

Bryan

Wow just got an update email from eFX -

Great might get this Scout helmet in 2019 so I can sell it straight away on Ebay as the bad feeling attached to this purchase makes me no longer want it. I will spend any money I recoup on RS Propmasters items.

Does anyone believe this update or have Disney given their license holders a boot up the backside?

'First, I want to personally thank you for your continued patience and support in regard to the delays associated with the Legend Edition of our Scout Trooper helmet. Rest assured that we are still working diligently on the manufacturing of the helmet.

Due to significant quality hurdles, we were forced to change vendors and are now working with a vendor who we are confident can manufacture our helmets to our standards. Although production has not begun yet, but we are working with the new vendor as quickly as possible towards that goal.

Please expect to get periodic updates as we get closer to shipping the helmet, which is on track to be shipped in the first quarter of 2019.

Our (obsessive) dedication to producing the most accurate, quality representation of the original prop is the root of this extended delay, and we take full responsibility for that!

We apologize if you received this emailed in error!

I thank you once again for your continued patience.

Thanks!

Bryan'

Exact same excuse as before; changing vendors and we promise it'll ship by ____. Must be EFX's standard form for blowing people off.

So will the Legend not have the big visor gap?

If that vendor's helmets were good enough for EFX to send out to everyone why not the Legend? Same helmet, just added paint.

So you'll have Clean Version but big gap and bad closing, and Legend Version with maybe those fixed.

What's sad with the Biker Scout is, although EFX has always been terrible about delivery and customer service, and getting worse everyday, the quality of the items has always been amazing IMO. The Biker Scout was the first bad one. So now there really is no reason to deal with them.

At this point why would anyone go with EFX anymore when RS Prop Masters have access to production made Scout helmet and they make their copies in high quality, just like the screen used?

100% correct. I think we all know that when the EFX "Legend" Scout does arrive it’s going to look very disappointing next to the RS PropMasters helmet.

Let’s face it, after four years EFX delivered a whopping ZERO improvements on the "Limited" prototype they showed off all those years before. I have a feeling their delivery plan for this is just to 'get it done, as quickly as they can, so they can draw a line under the matter. If so then quality will undoubtedly suffer.

Unfortunately the only thing "Legendary" about this helmet will be the amount of time EFX has taken to deliver it!

Cheers

Jez

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back