eFX "in development" lightsabers--what's coming?

I considered myself a good efx customer, owning four of their helmets as well as the Avengers Trading Cards. I had every intention of continuing to buy from them and eagerly awaited the Stormtrooper, McQuarrie Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, CA Helmet, Iron Man Helmet, and CA Shield.

Unfortunately, I was one of the many whose Legend Vader arrived with the paint rub. The replacement dome had the magnets aligned differently so it did not sit right on the mask. I emailed efx many times since October to see what should/could be done but never received a response. I eventually stopped writing them, felt like giving up and, for all intents and purposes, had thrown in the towel.

Jameth1971, your post has inspired me to try again to reach them, to give them yet another chance to try and win me back. I certainly hope they succeed and I'd like to help get them there. My fingers are crossed that I'll hear back from them this time.

That's great. Since Bryan himself answered my emails, called me, and packaged and shipped out my item as well I'm not sure who, if anyone, he has working for him at the office.

Give him another shout out for sure:thumbsup

Bryan is indeed a great guy.

Perhaps this may give you more insight on QMX.

I had a talk with Bryan, the owner of EFX, a little while ago and he was great help to me and great fun to talk to. In just a 15 minute conversation I got a glimpse of what he deals with.

My only complaint ever with EFX was a lack of updates, website way out of date, etc. I still think they could do a better job of that but after dealing with Brian directly I understand more and I say,..cut EFX some slack.

Who in their right mind would offer a flawed, wonky product that purposely has a bad, uneven finish and would look like a very poor quality item to anyone normal. Yes I mean the Vader and wasn't it very cool that EFX offered that incredible item for those who desired it. You guys have no idea the grief that thing created for EFX.

Bryan returned my emails and went out of his way to help me and I am not well known or anything. He just helped to be a good buisness owner.

He shared a few stories with me, and all I can say is wow. Responding to every post (where people get so mad he does not respond to every post on every forum) would be a full time job. A lot of people are angling to get free stuff, extra replacement parts for free when they don't need them, etc. Personally I would rather him be getting these things built than on the forums all day.

I do agree that they need to get a better update system. I think no news so nothing to report is not a good way to go with us lunatics. But overall EFX has done incredible pieces that many thought would never happen.

Guys we are getting a Stormtrooper helmet made from a perfect condition Hero. Amazing and people are complaining about the material.

We are getting a Biker Scout Helmet made from the Lucasfilm mold. OMG, hello!!!

EFX is not perfect. They should not have announced the Legend line would be in the same material if they were not sure they could do it but hello, actual mold used to create this new B.S. helmet. A cast directly from a Hero stormy helmet. Pretty darn cool people.

That's great. Since Bryan himself answered my emails, called me, and packaged and shipped out my item as well I'm not sure who, if anyone, he has working for him at the office.

Give him another shout out for sure:thumbsup

It's been a week and despite my best hopes, the response has been the same as to my previous correspondence over the past five months...nothing.

I've mentioned before with regards to this situation, it's all great until it happens to you. It's happened to me and it's maddening. I don't understand the inconsistency in communication that others report.

Giving the benefit of the doubt that my communication has somehow been missed, I'll open post my email with the remote hope it is seen here by efx and answered. I simply don't know what else to do.

Dear Bryan,

I received my replacement dome back on October 4th and have tried to reach you multiple times since then. Unfortunately, the magnets on the new dome do not line up properly with the facemask. I've tinkered and tinkered and can't make it centered. I'm worried that if I keep fooling with it, I'm going to scratch and damage the piece. Do you have any updates or suggestions as to what I should do? I've been holding on the the original dome and the replacement because I'm not sure how to proceed.

Needless to say, this is very frustrating for me as I know it is you. I've mentioned in earlier emails that this is my fourth efx helmet. In addition to this helmet, I own the McQuarrie Vader, ANH X-Wing, and BSG Viper helmet. I have every intention of purchasing the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, Iron Man helmet, and Captain America helmet. I also purchased the Captain America Trading Cards.

I am a dedicated customer and hope something more can be done. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Jim Woods

Head scratcher?????????

Maybe PM Gino and see what's going on.

You sound very reasonable in your request. Bryan should be able to take care of it.

Is this the Legend or Limited?

It's been a week and despite my best hopes, the response has been the same as to my previous correspondence over the past five months...nothing.

I've mentioned before with regards to this situation, it's all great until it happens to you. It's happened to me and it's maddening. I don't understand the inconsistency in communication that others report.

Giving the benefit of the doubt that my communication has somehow been missed, I'll open post my email with the remote hope it is seen here by efx and answered. I simply don't know what else to do.

Dear Bryan,

I received my replacement dome back on October 4th and have tried to reach you multiple times since then. Unfortunately, the magnets on the new dome do not line up properly with the facemask. I've tinkered and tinkered and can't make it centered. I'm worried that if I keep fooling with it, I'm going to scratch and damage the piece. Do you have any updates or suggestions as to what I should do? I've been holding on the the original dome and the replacement because I'm not sure how to proceed.

Needless to say, this is very frustrating for me as I know it is you. I've mentioned in earlier emails that this is my fourth efx helmet. In addition to this helmet, I own the McQuarrie Vader, ANH X-Wing, and BSG Viper helmet. I have every intention of purchasing the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, Iron Man helmet, and Captain America helmet. I also purchased the Captain America Trading Cards.

I am a dedicated customer and hope something more can be done. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Jim Woods

Maybe your emails are not getting through. I had this problem with someone and it turned out my emails were going into his spam folder for some reason. He never saw them.

Maybe call and speak to them directly.

I forgot to post this earlier but... I went to San Diego Comic Con this year and visited the EFX booth.
I just asked the fellow manning the booth if there was an update on the Starkiller saber.
I'm a big Force unleashed fan and was really looking forward to that.

He told me the Starkiller Saber design had integrity problems and kept breaking. they had been looking at a way to redesign it to be more durable but interest has fallen from things force unleashed related and he said he doesn't feel hopeful it will be produced.

Any update on the reveal sabers? It seems the orgus has taken off almost unintentionally with bioware employees selling their sabers on ebay. It seems confirmed that eFX is going to do the orgus but with electronic effects.

The obi wan reveal seems to have gone off the map. There was an afbb prototype that was made of plastic and i heard the saber will be made completely out of metal and weathered but no information. They also put the saber. Too bad about the starkiller saber. Wonder what other sabers they can produce unless they will go into the sabers for the new star wars trilogy.

Looking for any updated information about upcoming licensed lightsabres?

- Orgus with electronics? Yes or no?
- Starkiller? Cancelled?
- others rumored to be in the pipeline?
- rumors about new Disney Star Wars sabres?

Are there other websites I can follow with information about upcoming lightsabre offerings?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back