Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

What's the difference -- other than $30 -- between the Special Edition and the regular one? The website doesn't make it clear.

I have the Anovos on order, but the ANH is my favorite Vader so am contemplating canceling the Anovos... but based on EFX delays in the past, I might just wait and see if these actually start shipping in April/May.

From what I understand SE has Legend type brush paint apps, Regular has simple dual tone paint apps (no brush) like the LE.

Thanks for the replies. I don't really mind a slicker paint job so will wait and see what they come up with.

The Quasimodo doesn't even fall into the top 10? Can't seem to get myself even comprehend what your thoughts on their Darth ugly would be. God forbid people make amazing Vader helmet that captures the look and accuracy without charging $1000+ and waiting, what, years(?) to receive paid items. ***** Gino, I've seen your comments in the past on the RPF, but that whole line of dialogue takes the cake.

To add, bashing them for selling vader helmets unlicensed? Their original sculpts? How about your items back in the day? I've got one of them sitting on my display shelf, after all. You certainly weren't licensed yourself when they were being sold

It's certainly okay to be "elitist" in the sense you only want the best of the best but you cross that line in the OTHER definition of an Elitist that people don't favor. If you're planning on sticking with ANY company in any way, as involved as we all know you are with EFX, you'd better learn better PR.

I'd certainly put ANOVOS in the top 5 easily. EFX? It's not even on the list

Right? On top of the fact Efx Collectibles doesn't even offer a Vader Helmet for sale (yet - depending if the those plastic masks ever become available). So why bitch about it? If they actually had their Legend for sale yet, instead of offering "limited quantities", then maybe I could understand why Efx might have a gripe. Maybe.

As it is, until the Anovos Vader helmet is actually delivered, no licensed company is selling and delivering a reasonably "good" replica Vader mug.

So for Efx, either sell a Vader helmet of the same quality (cheap ABS isn't the same quality) as the Quasi's, SL or whatever other fan made helmet you can get your hands on these days, or shut up.

They're not taking any, ANY money out of the licensed dealers pockets. It's pretty simple.

The Special Edition page has been updated with the following details.

"This is a recreation of our Legend Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope. This Direct Exclusive, Special Edition of our Precision Cast Replica Darth Vader helmet has the screen accurate, hand painted details as our Legend Edition had!"

Since the listings only mention the paint being different, I assume the regular and SE will use the same molds. I would guess it will be based on the cleaned up Limited edition molds.

Mine just left Ontario and should be to me in Wisconsin by next week. I'm more stoked about this than I am about my entire Anovos TK armor.
I'm in the middle of a Rubies conversion too, will need to sell that helmet and chest armor off.

...stoked....stoked...

Shipping on that eBay listing is $26... is that usual for an eFX product?

Now I'm debating ordering one now or waiting for a better price direct from eFX.

Since when did we start allowing ebay links on here?

I'm getting a guid error on the site. Whoever let the website out into the wild like that needs to be smacked.

Error on the EFX site? Been like that for a few weeks, they are doing maintenance

I'm getting a guid error on the site. Whoever let the website out into the wild like that needs to be smacked.

It just shows how amateurish that company has been run. The website issues along with the whole scout trooper fiasco.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back