EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I second Baitme. I didn't get an email confirmation right away so contacted them a few days later. They wrote back within the hour, confirming that the box had been delivered to my workplace (the one day I happened to take off...). The helmet itself is really well packaged, too.

Baiteme was great when I ordered mine. If anyone lives near someone that wants one and they can ship to the same place, baitme is doing buy one get one 20%. That equals $318 shipped each, or less than you'll most likely be able to get them from the efx site

I received an email from EFX on the 17th of June, asking me to confirm my address (which i did), but i've not received any info since or the helmet so far.

We need more updates on whats going on with the Scout helmet and the Vader helmet.

Keith.

I received an email from EFX on the 17th of June, asking me to confirm my address (which i did), but i've not received any info since or the helmet so far.

We need more updates on whats going on with the Scout helmet and the Vader helmet.

Keith.

Keith, I am in exactly the same boat.......:confused

Fun and all but any product photos?

664BE2F6-B7DA-4189-9F37-9029BF30FAC7_zps4dsc1phc.jpg

2342E961-5067-4600-80B2-D20E9783D38F_zpsjniasopq.jpg

I am still waiting to get one also (scout preorder). Seems all the international preorders are getting sorted last. Kinda a bummer since they specificly stated in their address confirmation email that the helmets would be sent out the following week.

But this is EFX. Nothing surprising at all.. they have been shady as hell lately. I cannot comprehend how they kept their licence and business going so long.

These photos really made my day. Thank you. I actually really love looking at some of the fan-made stuff from when the films first came out. Doing this back then proves you are true, hard-core fan.

And maybe sometimes Vader wanted to sleep in and just wear his old bathrobe all day...

Did eFX ever mention they were producing these cheaper helmets back when they sold the original fiberglass ones? Would have been nice for eFX to tell people that they were eventually going to release a cheaper injection molded helmet. I'd imagine this might impact value of those fiberglass helmets a bit, at least to the casual collector.

Sean

Why would Efx ever do that ?

If they made the inexpensive plastic ones first, people would have bought them to satisfy their Vader need and then no one would shell out the big-bucks for a more expensive fiberglass version. It's like the server bringing you free bread before you order dinner and now you're less hungry so you don't order the steak and lobster and just get a burger instead.

If they sold the more expensive fiberglass one but announced they were also going to make an inexpensive plastic one later, lots of people who might have bought the more expensive fiberglass version would instead purchase the inexpensive plastic version.

This is sales and marketing 101. Sell the best, most expensive helmet you can and make the most money. Then, make a cheaper version to capture the people who didn't get the expensive version and, oh by the way, half the folks who did buy the expensive version are also going to buy the cheap version and you'll get their money twice.

Efx sold these the smart way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm dying that I can't get one of these. Too broke !

Why would Efx ever do that ?

If they made the inexpensive plastic ones first, people would have bought them to satisfy their Vader need and then no one would shell out the big-bucks for a more expensive fiberglass version. It's like the server bringing you free bread before you order dinner and now you're less hungry so you don't order the steak and lobster and just get a burger instead.

If they sold the more expensive fiberglass one but announced they were also going to make an inexpensive plastic one later, lots of people who might have bought the more expensive fiberglass version would instead purchase the inexpensive plastic version.

This is sales and marketing 101. Sell the best, most expensive helmet you can and make the most money. Then, make a cheaper version to capture the people who didn't get the expensive version and, oh by the way, half the folks who did buy the expensive version are also going to buy the cheap version and you'll get their money twice.

Efx sold these the smart way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm dying that I can't get one of these. Too broke !

Yeah you can't blame them for trying to run a business and make money. For me I would always prefer fibreglass. When I pick one of these up its because it's an extra bit of fun. :)

Ben

.... I was just going to make time to take photos of it with my TM and SL first.

I can't wait to see your comparison photos! :thumbsup
I love my fiberglass limited & will probably never get rid of it. & when I got the "we're sorry" plastic version, I was skeptical, but I must say it's beautiful on a stand. Younger kids who want to put on the mask definitely like the plastic one, cause the fiberglass one is too heavy & big for them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back