eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm Rubies supreme is the right plastic?

Maybe not the lenses... I can't see out of my Rubies Supreme well. The lenses are too cloudy.

Hmmm Rubies supreme is the right plastic?

Maybe not the lenses... I can't see out of my Rubies Supreme well. The lenses are too cloudy.
The lenses are all manners of wrong, I'll give you that. But the plastic the rest of the helmet is made of is both strong and sturdy, yet lightweight. You'd be hard pressed manipulating that easily like you could with the DP CA that was made from vinyl.

Ugh. I have had some money earmarked for this for the last month. Why do I KNOW that I will find some need to spend it JUST before preorders go up.

They did it with their stormtrooper helmets, I could see it.

Not to forget that the MR Collector's Edition/eFX Precision Cast Stoprmtrooper helmets lost on accuracy compared to the LE editions, and also they became symmetrical.

That would devalue their own product - in this case the FG version - I think.

Nah it wouldn't, the FG version is a limited edition it'll sell on that basis alone they'll have no problem shifting the stock they have allocated for it regardless of whatever else is available.

Yeah, the DP CA was only slightly altered from the DP DLX version they made. Still a hell of a lot more accurate than that Rubies Supreme monstrosity and a lot more acceptable in terms of the differences from the originals. If eFX kept it within that margin and holding it at the $120-150 price range they'd have a huge seller on their hands.

If they made one that looked that accurate. Yet out of cheaper materials, where it would be easier to troop in etc. Those things would FLY off the shelves.

The ugly eFX TK's sure do and they aren't remotely accurate.

Hey guys!

Any updates on this one? They sounds like my ex, a lot of promises....

Also, no newsletters in 2010, are they closed or what?

I've sent an email to them. Will keep you posted if I got any news...

The just sent out notice for their new Luke ROTJ "reveal" saber so I think they're still in business...:)

I can't wait for that vader bucket!! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I received my newsletters in 2010...EFX is still very much around. Maybe theyre going to your spam filter

I was lucky to see the prototype this past weekend in person.

2011_Prop001-vi.jpg

2011_Prop085-vi.jpg

Here's a look under the hood.

2011_Prop078-vi.jpg

Looks nice overall, but still weird what they did to the 'dome' shape and details. Part of idealization, maybe? Is this one the 'clean' version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back