EFNY Snake Plissken MAC 10

The M10 used in the film is not a machine gun. It's a M10 in 9mm made by RPB Industries. It's an open bolt semi auto pistol. To make it fire in automatic they either changed the trip in the fire control or changed the bolt to a shaved down one to clear the trip. When Isaac Hayes was shooting, the armorer just replaced the modified parts with the original parts for semi auto firing. This is why the ATF stopped the manufacturer of open bolt guns. There's no selector on the left side of the gun. Only the machine pistols had the selector. I have this pistol. Just need to build the fake suppressor and source the scope and mount. Should be fun at the range.
It also never had a wire stock. The semi auto version has a longer back plate that prevents the installation of the stock.

It also never had a wire stock. The semi auto version has a longer back plate that prevents the installation of the stock.
The holster for the M10 was made by Cobray. There was one for sale on Gunbroker and it sold for $430.00
DC0F743B-71BD-4936-B82E-6AFF4222C73A.jpeg

So cool to see a Cobray holster finally went up for auction! I've been looking out for one for years. Shame it went so pricey though! Oof.
Might just have to build a replica from scratch.

Although it does look like it's a slightly different variation from the screen used one.

Screen cap-
1672812427428.png

Recent auction version-
pix399790841.jpg

THe only other Cobray holster pics I've found online.
61e65839a7f34b1c4f96b5190d3ede29.jpg
255 dollars.jpg

Attachments

• 1672812199961.jpeg
    1672812199961.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'd love to figure out the correct scope mount. I poked around and found some that felt close but couldn't find anything that matched 100%.

pix695774647.jpg
Vintage-Redfield-scope-Base-and-Rings-Remington-788.jpg
61zJgKilfVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Stunt prop auction photos-
919165.jpeg

919164.jpeg

So cool to see a Cobray holster finally went up for auction! I've been looking out for one for years. Shame it went so pricey though! Oof.
Might just have to build a replica from scratch.

Although it does look like it's a slightly different variation from the screen used one.

Screen cap-
View attachment 1654060

Recent auction version-
View attachment 1654058

THe only other Cobray holster pics I've found online.
View attachment 1654056View attachment 1654057
Looks like they either riveted or installed snaps on the side to securely hold something. Can't imagine it was for the suppressor or scope.

I'd love to figure out the correct scope mount. I poked around and found some that felt close but couldn't find anything that matched 100%.

View attachment 1654359View attachment 1654360View attachment 1654361

Stunt prop auction photos-
View attachment 1654357

View attachment 1654356
It's definitely a Redfield type mount. The top mount may be in a Browning box; but it's a Redfield type mount. I'm just trying to figure out what scope was used. Definitely, a Leupold scope is shown on the table; but not on the gun.

I think this is the clearest shot of the "on gun" scope.

1672877041906.jpeg

From casually looking around it seems a lot of Japanese scopes of the period had a similar big white block of lettering feature.

img.jpeg
img (3).jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like they either riveted or installed snaps on the side to securely hold something. Can't imagine it was for the suppressor or scope.
Yes! That bottom ring holds the thin part of the suppresor and the top snap strap goes around the thick section.

Fantastic pics, nick! Thanks for posting (y)

A company called HILLVER also produce a similar scope mount...

HILLVER SCOPE MOUNT.jpg

Hillver Mount.jpg

I quite like how you can drop the scope (once the rings are attached it) onto the mount pegs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back