Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

We had some sunshine this weekend so I took the opportunity to grab a couple of better pictures in the better light... I'm amazed how similar this new grenade (middle with the lighter brass) is to my display grenade, especially the frag body.

IMG-7014.JPG

Family picture!

IMG-7013.JPG

Holy samoleys! Mr. Draven, I sense you are growing weary of one of these grenades. It happens to the best of us and God knows those grenades are terrible house guests. Say the word, sir!

I just realized that I've been *terrible* at updating this thread lol...

A couple of new updates from a few weeks ago...

First off I managed to pick up this beauty a few weeks ago at a fairly reasonable price! It's in gorgeous shape and even has the bottom screw for accuracy:

j1h7yPcm.jpg
lZdEGK6m.jpg

I then managed to pick this item up in my quest to build a Macros (which I swore I'd never do lol)...

Makes me laugh because it epitomizes some of the wacky things we have to buy in order to get one teeny tiny part for our builds o_O

NGqisnCm.jpg
fa3zsH6m.jpg
285FNVam.jpg

BUT.... when I was taking it apart.... I discovered that this might yield a bigger bounty than I had originally anticipated!

qJyxHRUm.jpg

I haven't had the chance to take a really close look at everything yet and I suspect that at least the brown and grey wires might be a tad too thin.... but they're vintage and don't look too shabby!!

4Tpdg8Tm.jpg

Stay tuned for a really nice update tomorrow though!

It's one of those, "I can't believe I managed to find one of these things" type of deals :eek:

Ok... I promised a big update and here it is!

I've had my eye on this for probably the better part of a year now and finally broke down and got it after some arm twisting from Chris... well maybe not arm twisting per say... more like "enabling" from our teecrooz lol...

It arrived at my doorstep on Tuesday and I haven't had a chance to take any decent pictures of it as of yet of my own, so for the time being you'll just have to enjoy the pictures of it from the militaria site I got her from.

Ladies & gents, my first soon to be blaster made from a real deac Sterling SMG!! :D

7sVpVUel.jpg
Ae7Fv7al.jpg

aa1RU0Ql.jpg
EcJWuoDl.jpg

HKnRyNcl.jpg
Uk0qg1Nl.jpg

kOADUD3l.jpg

The bolt is welded and the trigger doesn't pull... I'm not sure if that a byproduct of the bolt being welded to deactivate it or not... maybe scottjua or OdiWan72 can offer better insights as my knowledge base for these things is nil lol

The mag is also "non-removable" so I need to figure my way around that as well...

But details for down the line...

Oh, and this thing weighs a ton!! There's definitely no Hollywood 'one-handing' this sucker!!

All I can say is that I am genuinely stoked for this! I won't be making any prop purchases for awhile as this set me back a pretty penny... but still stoked lol!

More pics to come when I get the chance!

You purchased it....well done! It is in EXCELLENT condition :)

Depending on where, when and by whom it has been deactivated, the modifications can differ.
Making the trigger group unfunctional and welding the bolt is common and should not be any problem for the E11 conversion.

The small weld on the lower edge of the mag well can easily be adressed with a dremel.
Cut the mag loose, clean the mag well/ reblue the bare metal and start working on the magazin. In case you damaged the mag or can´t get rid of the weld on it, get a new one...these are plenty and cheap.

Again...congratulations and have fun converting it :)

As a resident of California, I am seething with jealousy. Sweet get, dude!

Thanks man!!

I'm curious, what are the rules in the US regarding Sterlings? I gathered from a Scott that they're rare... at least intact ones are... which is why I finally jumped on this...

You purchased it....well done! It is in EXCELLENT condition :)

Depending on where, when and by whom it has been deactivated, the modifications can differ.
Making the trigger group unfunctional and welding the bolt is common and should not be any problem for the E11 conversion.

The small weld on the lower edge of the mag well can easily be adressed with a dremel.
Cut the mag loose, clean the mag well/ reblue the bare metal and start working on the magazin. In case you damaged the mag or can´t get rid of the weld on it, get a new one...these are plenty and cheap.

Again...congratulations and have fun converting it :)

Thanks! And thanks again for confirming it for me.... once I knew I had the right variation I knew I had to get it....

Ok... dumb question time... after I remove the weld from the mag, (which I actually can't see a weld on it)... how do I go about removing it from the well? Do I just pull? Or is there a release somewhere?

Thanks! And thanks again for confirming it for me.... once I knew I had the right variation I knew I had to get it....

Ok... dumb question time... after I remove the weld from the mag, (which I actually can't see a weld on it)... how do I go about removing it from the well? Do I just pull? Or is there a release somewhere?

Push the mag release button (the large button with the slot, that is located on the mag well) down and pull the mag out.
the welded spot on the well can be seen in the last pic you posted...lower right corner of the well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back