Ecto-1 Magnum - Ectoberfest Charity Total: $24,000!

Re: Ecto Magnum - Hail Hydra

So I got to spend some more time with that SHIELD Acura this weekend!

10151437_726124340742544_648308569351551962_n.png

10174948_726124357409209_6516821295328294921_n.png

1976892_726124350742543_5221874027714264742_n.png

10273337_725034357518209_2448674813799451249_o.jpg

1493469_726121604076151_7939697856615247653_o.jpg

10269044_726122777409367_606370107068196675_o.jpg

10269289_726121630742815_3526592594984747274_o.jpg

10257729_726123247409320_5573497740117911631_o.jpg

And of course....
1559344_725626834125628_2397181702297584505_o.jpg

Pretty cool vehicle. A few cosmetic defects but it IS a screen-used picture car and anyone knows that they are never as pretty up close, but it's still an incredible vehicle! The flat black is amazing, the car only had about 200 miles on it, and it looks like the amber light bar was moved onto a different car when the TV show switched to Lexus. It was a blast to drive around!

And yeah, I folded this up and stuck it in the owner's manual for whoever eventually buys the thing :)
55LAZfF.jpg

Re: Ecto Magnum - Hail Hydra

The SHIELD car was quite a thing! I called up Cinema Vehicle Services and we confirmed that it was one of 5 built and screen-used for 'Avengers' and the Agents of SHIELD tv show. The red/blue lightbar seems to have been put on after all of the amber lightbars were switched over to Lexus SUVs mid-season. The car was owned by Acura throughout production, and all five vehicles were auctioned off to various Acura reps and dealers after the midseason AoS wrap. This car made it to Denver where we tooled around with it for a bit.

It was supposed to be the centerpiece of the Colorado Movie Cars boot at Denver Comic Con, but the car was sold "to a movie producer in Calfornia" days before the convention, and it left Colorado around June 10. Last we saw, it was listed as $44,000, which isn't that bad since the car has less than 600 miles one it (of which we put more than half on during our weekend of photoshoots, HA!).

It looks like FPN563 has already been spotted in California. It would have been really cool to find that thing an owner in-state, but hopefully it will live on and the owner will take it to cool events where fans can enjoy it!

Re: Ecto Magnum - Is this the one from the movie?

Sooo it's been an eternity since I properly updated the adventures of the Ecto Magnum. Time for a megapost.

EctoberFest 2013 did alright. I was out of a job at the time but the charity has gained quite a following of return donors that believe it's the highlight of the Halloween season, so we obliged. I anticipated huuuge growth after our $10,000 triumph the year before, and we upped the ante with a gift bag that included Denver Ghostbusters patches, Don't Be a Monster swag, free tickets to Denver Film Society theaters, posters, and more. The amazing dudes Jim and Travis from CelebrityMachines.com even made several hundred custom "Ecto Tours" license plates and donated them to the program. Astonishing generosity!

ghBXt5R.jpg

Despite my best efforts, Ectoberfest only pulled in about $5,000 in 2013. It's nothing sneeze at, but after 2012 it really was a crushing disappointment. It was still fun though, and that counts, too.

We promoted the program everywhere we could with Stay Puft and the car.
fkK4sgZ.jpg

Got out and about to enjoy fall colors. This was outside of Pueblo up in the foothills.
WORga1Y.jpg

November 1st marked the fifth anniversary of Colorado Movie Cars, so we got as many cars together as we could and took a photo in the same spot as the first photo from our first meet - November 1, 2008.
7Gm60qf.jpg

uY8cNt4.jpg

Not every member, but still a good turnout!

Mid-winter I received an AMAZING gift from an EctoberFest donor. While going on the haunted house runs we would talk about all sorts of things with the donors, and the topic of ways to make the program better always came up since I really wanted to get feedback for improvement. Someone had the idea of providing Ghostbusters costumes for the donors to wear, and this guy took the idea to heart, bought and dyed a ton of suits and belts, sewed and dyed elbow pads, and even did a terrific velcro job on the name tags so people could choose which Buster they wanted to be. I was beside myself.

YL5hCTS.jpg

We did a little bit of shooting over the winter, those photos can be found above (Ecto in the snow and SHIELD car in February).

When March rolled around of course we had to get a small group together for a St. Patrick's Day parade, and of course we had to have a DeLorean lead the group because... Ireland!
VS88nXy.jpg

uxfXxIG.jpg

Did a little early summer mountain driving, this is Ute Pass near Silverthorn and Breckenridge.
wgHstpT.jpg

And Denver Comic Con was an total blast. Definitely the crown jewel in Colorado nerd gatherings.
sePzH86.jpg

InNiF1B.jpg

TRGtC0A.jpg

Turtle Van friends (yes, those are the owners) up from New Mexico!

Spectacular costumes. Whenever someone comes up with a costume that goes with a car, we go all out for cool pics.
UjG6koJ.jpg

Abbott, the owner of the Indy motorcycle flipped his lid when Henry Jones Sr. showed up. What a great moment.
ZEWr7Wk.jpg

F7EFK12.jpg

F2zE0qQ.jpg

World's greatest red. I love that red so much.
sFsq7wB.jpg

The Late Models...
je91F2e.jpg

GOBATS 1959 Vespa!
FYX4pdR.jpg

PgDebW8.jpg

In July we took a little trip up Pike's Peak with a handful of movie cars. Good way to get out and enjoy some mountain driving!
Zs3nGwN.jpg

Displayed on the 16th Street Mall. Bandit!!
qIrEjEl.jpg

The Curtis Hotel launched their Ghostbusters-themed hotel room on the 13th floor so we had to help them out with their debut part!
QCQthru.jpg

Aaaand Ectoberfest won a Best of Denver award!
WwqooOk.jpg

Hung out in Fort Collins with the Umbrella Corp. Magnum, yes we have matching stripes!
srz69b0.jpg

And even got in a little bit of drive-in action!
xLFyY35.jpg

Roadtripped out to Utah to meet the Salt Lake Ghostbusters. Their Ecto wasn't 100% assembled but it was nice to finally get the two together.
Py6dppB.jpg

And possibly the best moment of the year, meeting Mr. Hudson at Salt Lake Comic Con! Yes, his signature is on the visor right next to Dan's!
LFR6qjv.jpg

When October rolled around it was time again to fire up Ectoberfest with as much publicity as possible. We got Stay Puft set up outside the local Fox affiliate and started doing promotions on the tv, radio, and everywhere we could.
qzce3z5.jpg

Getting ready for the promo
7JSZsSz.jpg

We got 'im!
4ltDHBR.jpg

qhjDOEA.jpg

And of course the costumes were a hit. Definitely some added value to the program!
sZNL6ul.jpg

The suits were a bit toasty at the indoor haunts, but cooler Colorado nights made them worthwhile overall!
99lhUtB.jpg

EfS9fuz.jpg

By Halloween, Ectoberfest 2014 had raised about $6,700 for Don't Be a Monster, proving that $5k was a solid goal. Since I started in 2010, Ectoberfest has raised just over $24,000 for local charities. I beat myself up for not being able to cap 25k, but it is what it is.

dd1pKX6.png

I hope we can do more in 2015 and keep this bustin' train rolling!

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, as always.

We have a PT Cruiser in Pinellas County, Florida decked out as Ecto-1, with the roof rack and everything. I've never gotten a good close look at it – always seen it in traffic going the other way...

-MJ

Hmm, I couldn't tell the difference from a distance...

...And now you've got me pricing DeLoreans on eBay; I hope you're happy.

Congrats on your charity haul.

-MJ

A few weeks back we were paid a visit by Travis Bell and Jim Shine of www.celebritymachines.com (where I get all my replica license plates) as they passed through Denver on their way to a movie car event in Las Vegas.

They had their Transcon Medivac in tow and we just had to do something special for the brief time they were here. I sent out a dozen emails to local EMS heads and I finally got in touch with a Lt. who knew what the hell I was talking about when I mentioned the ambulance.

He was able to score us a little meet-and-greet with a few other of Denver's finest orange and whites! The photos turned out amazing, I'll see if I can dig up the video when I get home.

Huge props to our EMS, LEO, and FD friends. You guys are awesome, thanks for making today go from "awesome" to "completely unforgettable!"

For more pics of the Transcon and it's adventures, check out http://www.celebritymachines.com

i2f7Lvm.jpg

lTrUOBO.jpg

Engine sounds here: https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoMovieCars/videos/919255514762758/ VVRRRRROOOOM!

Plate flipper here: https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoMovieCars/videos/919155614772748/

Re: Ecto-1 Magnum - Bomb Robot vs. Ghost Trap!

The Colorado Movie Cars were at Denver's First Responders Tribute and Safety Expo yesterday, kind of a police/EMS car show and cruise. Tons of firetrucks, old police vehicles, helicopters, and command centers were out for the public to poke around in. We stumbled across Denver's bomb squad robot and immediately knew what we had to do!

https://www.facebook.com/DenverGhostbusters/videos/1097693756908925/

]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lol I can just imagine first responders arriving on-scene. "We received a report of a suspicious device, and we're here to...uhh...isn't that a ghost trap from Ghostbusters???"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back