ebay seller "spinalweb" clone trooper buckets...

Part of his auction text appears to be "recast," too: the "NOTE" at the end is written in a disctinctly different style than the text at the beginning. I'm guessing he lifted the "NOTE" from another seller's text.

:unsure

Im sure this guy has recast the MR ROTS Vader helmet too.I saw an auction of his from the other week and the helmet was identical to the MR version,although he stated it as being more superior :confused

*EDIT* this isnt the same seller,but im sure there is a seller selling what looks like MR Vader recasts.

Also,im surprised MR havent spotted the clonetrooper helmets,can they have the seller investigated if they wish?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Apr 24 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1232341[/snapback]</div>
I may have to pick up a couple of these in time
[/b]

With the uderstanding that the MR helmets are not available yet, this isn't a good deal. With the $70 shipping charge, the MR is actually less expensive if you go through a retailer with free shipping like The Saber Vault. I don't see paying more for a recast making any sense... unless you are on some kind of a dead line and just can't wait for the MR helmets to release.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedTwoX @ Apr 24 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1232374[/snapback]</div>
With the uderstanding that the MR helmets are not available yet, this isn't a good deal. With the $70 shipping charge, the MR is actually less expensive if you go through a retailer with free shipping like The Saber Vault. I don't see paying more for a recast making any sense... unless you are on some kind of a dead line and just can't wait for the MR helmets to release.
[/b]

I totally agree, thats why I said "in time" ;) sooner or later, a good recast will be around $150 with decent shipping, and as I already own 2 MR helmets thus far, and awaiting the 3rd, I'll be patient

Do you notice all the stripes are the same? They change the color, but all the same dimension.

Has anyone even seen one up close? Could these MR rejects being passed through Argentina for roughly the same price? Are these truely recasts? I would like to see how they were made. Is it even a good laminating job, or ar they a bunch of chop and resin?

It may take a while for the sting of $70 shipping to wear off before anyone from the states orders one.

Oh, and yes, the irony is not lost on me that the bootleggers are doing a better job of getting product out there than the actual company that is supposed to be delivering them.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back