eBay find: Vader saber

trekprops.de

Hi guys,

in my searches for a Vader saber from the original Trilogy (either finished or in Kit form), I found this:

Resin Lightsaber on eBay

Since I don't know too much about SW stuff, I wanted to ask if this is what is says it is and if it is worth considering?

I haven't seen any Vader Saber version like this, but that doesn't mean anything... :unsure

Thanks in advance.

(Mods: If this is the wrong forum or a link to a live auction is not allowed, I'm sorry. Please remove the link, but don't delete the thread. I still would like to get some advice and would be happy to send the link via PM to someone who is willing to help...)

I'd ignore any of his saber titles. That's most definitly not a Vader saber nor is it even from the Original Trilogy. He's also got an Obi Wan from the Phantom Menace and he has it down as a Luke Skywalker.

I'm sure some people on here can post some Vader saber pics for you so you have a point of reference for your search :)

"Darth Vader´s lightsaber in original size, fully resin casted"

Ummmmm That's not a saber, that Vader ever had in the OT :confused :confused

That's because there was never a Vader saber like that before ;). It's an Adi Gallia saber and not even close to the original casting....

:cheers,

Thomas

The word 'casted' is not even in the dictionary :confused

Originally posted by anakin@Mar 8 2006, 12:14 AM

Ummmmm That's not  a saber,  that Vader ever had in the OT :confused :confused
[snapback]1201004[/snapback]​

Originally posted by kurtyboy+Mar 8 2006, 12:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ Mar 8 2006, 12:19 AM)</div>
The word 'casted' is not even in the dictionary  :confused

<!--QuoteBegin-anakin
@Mar 8 2006, 12:14 AM

Ummmmm That's not  a saber,  that Vader ever had in the OT :confused :confused
[snapback]1201004[/snapback]​
[snapback]1201006[/snapback]​
[/b]

The description in the auction is loosely translated to english - hence I think the word "casted"

Here are some simple pics off the MR site to help a bit
ANH
anh7wa.jpg

ESB
esbb6fj.jpg

ROTS
rots3zp.jpg

sorry don't have any good ROTJ Pics

It might depend on whether you consider Vader to have existed prior to his transformation...when he changed to the Dark Side he was Vader.....

:cheers,

Thomas

Thanks guys. I knew something didn't smell right... :rolleyes

While we are at the subject, are there any other sources for a Vader OT saber other than MR at all?

Originally posted by DARTH SABER@Mar 7 2006, 07:48 PM
Not to be nitpicky but a Vader saber never appeared in ROTS.

DS
[snapback]1201031[/snapback]​

Actaully, to be nitpicky, Anakin's saber became a Vader saber the instant Darth Sidous bestowed the Sith title upon him after the confrontation with Windu. It is the man, not the suit of black armor, that is Darth Vader. Of course, that saber is Graflex based and the MPP base seen in the OT. However, it is technically a Vader Saber in RotS. :p

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back