Durham's water putty with titebond?

JamesBryan

ive been looking at alternatives to bond due to the safety issues of having a two year old and eventually wanting him to start learning this hobby.ive found durham's wattry putty which looks like it will work as a general bondo substitute but the fact it apparently drink water like a sponge after it cures is an issue. i have read several references to adding Titebond type 2 or 3 which will make it waterproof/resistant but i havent found a single thing on the specifics of HOW.doesanyone know how to do this, whether it is mix the dry powder into the titebond or mix the putty first then add the glue or what?

I use tile caulking as a crack filler, it works well, I'll look in the morning to see what brand if you want, its not that bad for your hands, wipes off with soap and water but dries waterproof.

You just mix some of the glue with the dry powder and then add as much water as you need to get the consistency you want. A word of warning, though: The more glue you add the harder it gets and the more difficult it is to sand. I used just glue once (no water) and it was like concrete.

The caulking comment above is weird. I wouldn't use caulk as a substitute for auto body filler. It doesn't dry nearly hard enough. Maybe if you work in foam?

-Rog

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back