Dune (2021) Pain Box references?

torsoboy

Sr Member
I've become fascinated with the new rendition of the Reverend Mother's pain box, but I'm having trouble finding some references. The images below are what I've found so far, but I'm having trouble finding good photos of the side that's left of the opening, and I haven't seen anything showing the back of it. I'm not concerned with the bottom, but I'd like to find some of the aforementioned sides if possible.

I know there was an exhibition of some of the props at Funko Hollywood store where fans could evidently take photos of the items, but I haven't found any exhaustive galleries, Anyone seen any decent photos floating around?

Pain-Box-Dune.jpg

3732253-6gom.jpg

di.jpeg

pain-box-dune.jpeg

Basically I'm looking for anything that shows the sides I've marked in RED:

NEEDED.jpg

Right side panel reference
Do you happen to know the origin of this image? It looks a bit different from the one seen on screen. The opening itself seems to have different proportions and the details across the front don't seem to line up. Not doubting it may be some kind of official image, but just trying to reconcile it with what I've posted above.

Do you happen to know the origin of this image? It looks a bit different from the one seen on screen. The opening itself seems to have different proportions and the details across the front don't seem to line up. Not doubting it may be some kind of official image, but just trying to reconcile it with what I've posted above.
In the forum "Replica Props" you'll see a few pics from the original prop master's web page who built it;)

The origin of that picture is the book Art and Soul of Dune. I have a copy. Its concept art and doesnt quite match the real prop. Note the bottom edge on the sides has 3 sections that stick out further. The concept doesnt have those.

I too am looking for as much reference of the real prop as I can find.

Here’s mine that I just finished.

Generally happy with how it turned out but the paint job is not super screen accurate; I just couldn’t get the lighter shades / blues right…

Attachments

• 085AFE10-AE23-416E-BD13-75736BDA020B.jpeg
    085AFE10-AE23-416E-BD13-75736BDA020B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 221
  • D5830AD5-5E0A-4DDF-B9D9-7B143182DD99.jpeg
    D5830AD5-5E0A-4DDF-B9D9-7B143182DD99.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 165
  • 46299355-1688-4118-BEE6-BA465F336338.jpeg
    46299355-1688-4118-BEE6-BA465F336338.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 193
  • 91A7F5E3-5225-4F30-8316-109707908B74.jpeg
    91A7F5E3-5225-4F30-8316-109707908B74.jpeg
    911.7 KB · Views: 175
Here’s mine that I just finished.
Where did you get the 3D print? I would love to get hold of one myself.

I bought a 3D file online from someone, but when i tried to send it to 3D printing firms, the quotes were coming back were close to $1000.
I guess the volume must be big.

(I am kinda new to 3D printing so maybe i need to work on the file before sending it out, i really dont know)

Where did you get the 3D print? I would love to get hold of one myself.

I bought a 3D file online from someone, but when i tried to send it to 3D printing firms, the quotes were coming back were close to $1000.
I guess the volume must be big.

(I am kinda new to 3D printing so maybe i need to work on the file before sending it out, i really dont know)
Yeah I got mine from Jediguy! I’ve dealt with Luiz many times and I would highly recommend! Prints are great and very little cleanup / prep time

Thanks again Luiz!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back