Duke Leto's Ring. (Lynch Version) Pic request

ring.jpg

a quick google search revealed this replica

I remember the thread Rylo had going for that replica. There were a bunch of screencaps and it wasn't 100% clear what the exact design was but the bird was the best interpretation based on the non-HD screencaps that were the only thing available. I'd be curious to see some HD screencaps. I still like Rylo's intepretation. I don't recall why I didn't get one at the time... probably should have. It'd look great with my crysknife replica.

True, you never get a really get a solid beauty shot of the ring. Close, but not head-on. More than enough to get a good replica, though.

I dumped the files a long time ago.

I remember the thread Rylo had going for that replica. There were a bunch of screencaps and it wasn't 100% clear what the exact design was but the bird was the best interpretation based on the non-HD screencaps that were the only thing available. I'd be curious to see some HD screencaps. I still like Rylo's intepretation. I don't recall why I didn't get one at the time... probably should have. It'd look great with my crysknife replica.

That's one of my old replicas. I did a run about 7 years ago.
It was a one-time run. Those pieces are long gone!

Has it really been that long?!? This was one of the first pieces I ever got from Rylo and still happily have it in my collection.

Bruce

I know this is OT for this thread (sorry, DrS) ... Wasn't there talk about a replica sandworm hook too at one point? I remember pics of either a replica or an original one that was just a beautiful thing to behold.

Back ON topic, does anybody HAVE an HD copy of Dune? The screencaps of the regular low definition version of this ring kinda sucked. I was amazed how nice Rylo's ring was based on the screencaps we had access to.

There was a guy who was talking about offering them based on hands-on reference material, but it ended up being vapor.

Hell, I would've done them years ago if the reference was there.

I've all but exhausted that prop universe!:lol

I know this is OT for this thread (sorry, DrS) ... Wasn't there talk about a replica sandworm hook too at one point? I remember pics of either a replica or an original one that was just a beautiful thing to behold.

Back ON topic, does anybody HAVE an HD copy of Dune? The screencaps of the regular low definition version of this ring kinda sucked. I was amazed how nice Rylo's ring was based on the screencaps we had access to.

Sorry to go further OT, the person who was going to do the sandworm hook, or "makers hook" was Phillipes. He had a friend who owned a screen used hook so he had a pretty good base for measurements. I asked him about it a few years after he started the interest thread (which I too was a part of) and I think he said it was a problem with the person who owned the hook, that they didn't have it available for him to take measurements from or some such.

I still have the photos somewhere that he posted, it looked *fairly* easy to replicate.

Has it really been that long?!?
I remember this around when I first joined the RPF. I wanted one real bad but didn't have the funds at the time, I followed the thread with much interest. By the time I had cash it was long done and I blew the money on some other stuff then Rylo sold the last couple he had and me again with no money. Some years later someone sold theirs off for a considerable bit more then the original.

I have a few screenshots i took from a hd-dvd copy if anyone's interested still. I used them to make my replica of Duke Leto's signet ring from Dune :

IMGP5117.jpg

vlcsnap-2010-10-28-01h13m02s211.jpg

vlcsnap-2010-10-28-01h15m43s227.jpg

Ah, it's that time of year, again. The return of the signet ring thread.

Damn, this run went down ages ago!

I wish I'd kept one of these for myself. Oh well, I can at least share a pic of what was some good lookin' stuff! I spent a loooong time working up the graphic for the bird, a long time.

-Rylo

picture.php

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back