Dread Helmet

Badgerhunter27

Ok so I am going to re-do my head piece, I currently have a stocking cap with sewed on backer rod and velcro and the inside of a hard hat to secure the bio. But I am looking for more support for the bio and also for the dreads since having them sewin on is not the most secure method and b/c of this I couldnt put any makeshift dread rings on b/c it would of been to heavy and I didnt trust them to hold. So what I am thinking is using a skateboard helmet and drilling about 30 some holes in the back and then slapping some industrial strenth velcro or magnets on the front for the bio. I know I have seen this done on someone's suit build but I have no idea who's it was and I am just trying to get maybe some pics of how it was done or maybe some advice on what is the best way, as I dont want to end up cracking the whole helmet from to many holes being drill or to close together. I have tryed some searches but could not find the finer details of how it was done. Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed.

also consider a batters helmet...it works very well attaching to a bio and sculpting the dreds on them look very easy...

an example of how it looks in profile

chromekingleft.jpg

hallowhelm.jpg

also consider a batters helmet...it works very well attaching to a bio and sculpting the dreds on them look very easy...

an example of how it looks in profile

chromekingleft.jpg

Nice, a chrome bio. Defiantly one to add to my to do list. What are the dreads made from? Soft foam?

i bought them a drink and told them how to hang...... :p kidding ..

The dreds were "painted" with plasti -dip...

as far as how they hang down the dreds were weighted down by the rings for a while then i just took a blow dryer set on high heat to keep them from turning into a predator afro.

the helmet was one of the last ones ever produced by the disgraced king jamie....

Drew - the chrome bio is great. I also loved your 'Ace' bio - you can tell where my heart is at by looking at my avatar.
I have a KJP1 and I really like the weight to it. I'll have to brush up on my history of KJ per your comments...

Well I PM'd big evil and he filled my head with some real good info. So it looks like my problem is solved @ least until I start this project, thanks for the help guys always appreciated.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back