Dragon priest masks from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (3D printed)

cassius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just another project :). This mask will be later available in the junkyard section as 2/3 part kit.
Modeled by me and printed by GhostMinion :).

render
render02.png

first pics
Miraak 1.jpg Miraak 2.jpg

Amazing work! Out of curiosity, what is your process for gluing and assembling the 3d printed parts? Do you use a slurry for the gluing? Bondo to fill gaps? I have a 3d printed piece I hope to assemble soon and would love to see similar result.

Again, excellent work and design.

I used chisels to get rid of extra parts from the printing process and super glue to connect all the pieces with each other :). As a filler I'm using XTC resin from Smooth on.

Amazing work! Out of curiosity, what is your process for gluing and assembling the 3d printed parts? Do you use a slurry for the gluing? Bondo to fill gaps? I have a 3d printed piece I hope to assemble soon and would love to see similar result.

Again, excellent work and design.

Last edited:
Awesome! I have some XTC, but I have yet to get a chance to use it. I am glad to hear that it can help fill in small gaps (the ones I have might be a mm from the item slightly lifting from the bed).
Thanks for the advice. I cant wait to see your next project.

Sorry for not replying - the final job was alclad paints applied with an airbrush :)

Some time ago I made rock like bases for those masks and now I will be finally finishing them as well :).

IMG_20191225_153025a.jpg

Hard to capture, especially today with very little natural light but there you have it. I think they came out very nice and quite natural looking. Very happy with the result :).

Now what's left is the Miraak mask and stand for it which I'm still designing - I'm koping to add a tiny shrine or just a placeholder for tea lights to make it a bit different from the rest

IMG_20191227_094157a.jpg

Well those all look plain amazing. Dig your idea to differentiate the base for the Miraak mask. That realm (Apocrypha?) has that cool gothic/organic vibe. Maybe incorporating some kind of artificial creeping plant?? (first time trying the link function. Hope I did it right).

Can't wait to see what you come up with! They're all beautiful.

Also, loving the Yoann Lossel work. They pair nicely :)

They look amazing. Really great work on the finishing.

I am a bit curious on how you archived the textured surface with alle the bumps and such.
I have a project where I use Alcad and I could really use some definition in my surfaces.

This is a very inspirering project.

That is fairly simple - car body filler applied with a sponge. That's how I got that texture on dragon priest masks. Miraak was smooth before application of glue and gold leaf. You can check my other thread with Eredin helmet from Witcher 3, it is also textured.

That is fairly simple - car body filler applied with a sponge. That's how I got that texture on dragon priest masks. Miraak was smooth before application of glue and gold leaf. You can check my other thread with Eredin helmet from Witcher 3, it is also textured.
Simple and awesome trick. Thank you. I will check i out :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back