Dr Who - Key To Time & Locater ??

gasolineman

i did a search but got no results... here and on google... is it possible that nobody has done a Key To Time or the locater for it???

i was never really very impressed with the key itself, but i always loved the locater. has anyone done this prop or know of anyone who has?
af3bV.png
o3zz1.png

Hi, I made a replica a couple of years ago that I subsequently took apart to fit a small torch into the handle to light it up.

The pieces are in a box somewhere and your posting has reminded me of the need to finish this project.

As soon as I dig it out, I'll post pics for you (be warned, it may be a little while though!)

Cheers

some good replies! ncie to see im not the only one that liked that particular item. of course... i have a unfinished K9 in a closet somewhere like the rest of us. but the key locater seems like it would be fun!

I have been thinking about this one too, but not got beyond some initial research

There have been a few builds based on this plan

Bjellis Blog » Blog Archive » The Key to Time

This guy has one of the two originals and gives some details on how it was made.

Doctor Who Props

There was a guy who made a mould, cant see it on the Who props boards though. May be a tardis builders thing.

TARDIS Builders - the Key to Time?

Making the plug from wood on a bandsaw sounds about right to me. You could even cut right through and reglue bits together.

Had some time on my hands so I decided to start work on a K2T locator.

3D plans done, looking for input or improvements.

Ed

13559-tracer-v2-2010.jpg

Ok, I'm pulling the trigger....

I'm going to build a Key to Time Locator.

Buttons and materials have been ordered, and I'll start a build thread for those who want to follow or make their own.

Edward.

Ok, I'm pulling the trigger....

I'm going to build a Key to Time Locator.

Buttons and materials have been ordered, and I'll start a build thread for those who want to follow or make their own.

Edward.

I think I will follow along and build one. Could you post a parts/materials list so we could order materials and follow the build thread? It does not looks like it should be too hard to build.

I'd be interested in a Key to Time Tracer build.

Seems simple enough, but I read those 70s era plastic switch buttons (Honeywell?) are expensive, though there are cheap chinese knockoffs. Have you seen this diagram?

7644649648_f56561f4e6_z.jpg

I saw it on another forum and kept it for reference. Screen caps seem to bear it out as accurate, though I also read there were 2 tracers - the first broke right before the last story, so it was remade.

I did have one idea for the "red" interior -- is there a color shifting paint that can be clear/transparent and then shift to red/pink? If so, you could tilt the tracer slightly and a painted, thin clear insert would "shift" from clear to red. Just an idea.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back