Doopydoos Resin Han Solo DL44 ROTJ Blaster

Country Paul

Sr Member
Got my Doopydoos Resin Han Solo DL44 ROTJ Blaster in the post today,

I've got the ANH & ESB versions so figured I'd give the ROTJ version a whirl,

pretty nice resin kit, bit rougher than the ANH version I got but with a bit of sanding I'm pretty pleased with it.

I took the plunge this time & with a small file cut around the trigger which I wasn't brave enough to do with the last one.

Got the gun & scope glued together & will paint them both separatley.

so if I've got it right it's black grips & a sliver flash hider on this one.

Not too much progress here, got it primed & it's currently drying in the garage after a few coats of satin black.

As I mentioned in my first post this kit is quite a lot rougher than the ANH & ESB Blasters from Doopydoos, not sure why? they did say they were short staffed, quite a few air bubbles & the black paint has been showing them all up :lol

bit more work to go on this then.

I almost bought one of these he other day. I would love to see how yours turns out before I take the dive on one myself.

Avolow.

Had a few coats of satin black now, silver on the flash hider with a light overspray of black reasonably happy so far,

may overpaint the grips in black, just to give them a slightly different tone?

Just needs weathering now & the scope glueing on :)

Finished painting & weathering today, pretty pleased with it overall,

maybe could have done a better job on the flash hider but is ok for now & I can always do it over.

like I said before the kit was not quite as clean as the others but not too bad now it's finished.

completes my little Trilogy of Resin Doopydoos DL44's,

still there is always the Greedo Killer to have a go at :)

Awesome collection!!!! Nice work. Are all three resin kits? My next purchase is going to be an ESB resin kit and I will be looking back at this thread for sure!

Thanks for your comments they're appreciated,

Yes all 3 are Resin & all from Doopydoos

I didn't make the ESB one which is cold cast aluminium

Would love to have metal ones but I just can't seem to get them here.

Is the resin fairly solid and inflexible?
I have a resin ANH blaster that I bought finished off Ebay a while back and I cannot identify it as a Doopydoos kit, but I have noticed that the resin of the scope mount is almost 'rubbery' like dense rubber or just a really soft and flexible resin.
I want to try one of Doopydoos GK kits.

Is the resin fairly solid and inflexible?
I have a resin ANH blaster that I bought finished off Ebay a while back and I cannot identify it as a Doopydoos kit, but I have noticed that the resin of the scope mount is almost 'rubbery' like dense rubber or just a really soft and flexible resin.
I want to try one of Doopydoos GK kits.

I've not made one of their DL-44s; but if the quality of the resin is the same as used in their E-11 skins, then you've got nothing to worry about.

I've built 2 of their DL-44's myself & the E11 skin that badsprout mentioned,

The Resin has been really solid with each & nice crisp details,

I can highly recommend them & they're a nice company to deal with, very helpful

I will almost definitely be getting their Greedo killer kit myself at some point,

Just need to recharge the finances a bit :lol

But honestly they're great kits for the price & nice & easy to build for novices like me (they even mark where to glue :lol)

i have just purchased the ANH DL44 doopydoos blaster, its not arrived yet but will post what the cast quality is like.. hope its not slipping because doopys had a good rep for its quality casting with little in the way of finishing

I just had an email from them re my order of the same cast...

"We have had a nightmare over the last week and a half.
Our regular resin supplier sent us the cheap stuff so we had to wait for the
correct one to be delivered which in turn caused a backlog of orders"

just in case you get worried when/if it's late

P.

I'm happy with the GK blaster I bought...still haven't put it together yet, but I'm happy that it's quite accurate and quality of the casting is excellent(I think) They even casted the wing nut.

I'm just waiting because I want to find a way to mix some of the resin parts with my Denix Mauser. Haven't decided what I want to do there...yet.

I've just (finally) managed to get hold of a Denix myself, not been easy finding one in the UK,

Just need to decide what I'm going to do with it now, I would love to build up a Greedo Killer but I'm not sure about getting all the parts,

I dont like to start something unless I know I can finish it & I'm really impatient so I dont like having half finished projects lying around,

I've thought about mixing Doopy Doo's resin parts but would want a metal flash hider at least,

think what I really want is an All metal blaster

I tried Blast Tech for ESB & ANH parts but he was pretty much sold out,

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back