Doomsday Constellation NCC-1017

Darth Homer

I used the 22" Cutaway Enterprise to build the USS Constellation NCC-1017 from the Doomsday Machine episode of TOS. When I saw the re mastered version I decided to do this project; I was inspired by the more extensive damage done to the CG Connie in this episode. I used the replacement parts from DLM and decals from JTGraphics.

Con1.jpg

Con4.jpg

Con3.jpg

Con2.jpg

Very cool. It makes me wish i'd kept my movie enterprise i was trying to use to replicate the end of Startrek 3 with. How'd you create the hull breaches?

That looks REALLY good. The damage is nicely in scale to the size of the model and looks just brutal. I love how some of the decks are exposed on the saucer and secondary hull. After seeing that, I can see why Commadore Decker lost his mind. ;)

Looks great!!!

The ironic part of the original episode is that early on Spock speaking about the Constellation says the bridge is damaged and uninhabitable but the rest of the ship seems able to sustain life. Then they cut to the exterior shot of the Constellation and the bridge looks fine but there are hull breaches all over the place. I always thought that was funny.

Nice subject and you did a great job

Nice job, I still prefer the original AMT version of the ship, I that the remastered one should have been biased off that instead of just another constitution class. I like that you can see the decks in your model

Very cool. It makes me wish i'd kept my movie enterprise i was trying to use to replicate the end of Startrek 3 with. How'd you create the hull breaches?

Thanks for the comments guys, I used my Dremel tool to thin the plastic from the inside. Then I just chipped away at it with an Xacto knife. I used the interior parts of the cut away for the detail on the secondary hull and sheet plastic on the saucer section.

Last edited:
Nice job dude. I always loved the look of the burnt out Constellation drifting in space. Years ago I took a lighter to the little 7" AMT Enterprise and made my own version.

Conn.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back