Colours for USS Enterprise NCC 1701-A

Rogue 1

Hi guys, I am about to start to build my AMT round 2 1/537 Enterprise, I was wandering what paint colours are used, I want to get it right before I start on my 1/350 Polar lights Enterprise , Any help would be great, I am in Australia so our pInt range isn't that much compared to what you have in the States

That's unfortunately kind of a loaded question. It depends on how detailed you want to get with the paint job, how many layers you want to put into your aztec pattern, etc. Also as far as I know, the -A is more flat than the TMP version which was done in that gorgeous multi-layered pearlescent paint. Also the engineering strong back, the connecting dorsal, and nacelle pylons have a more blue-grey panel detail (and different detail on the pylons) than the greenish panels on the TMP. As far as exact colors, you may need to experiment and find what you like, there are a lot of divided opinions. If you do a search here there are quite a few threads on the subject.

-EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm more of a "does it feel right" kind of builder than getting everything exactly perfect. Color is especially difficult, because of the myriad calibration and perceptual issues, so I tinker and test and experiment. And then usually say "I wish I had done X differently..." ;)

Thanks for the answer, I am doing the TMP Enterprise, so I will go with the pearlescent white base, I love the hobby, it's just hard for me with colors as I am colour blind and I cant mix paint colours, I have to use them out of the jar or can.

Thanks for the answer, I am doing the TMP Enterprise, so I will go with the pearlescent white base, I love the hobby, it's just hard for me with colors as I am colour blind and I cant mix paint colours, I have to use them out of the jar or can.
Honestly at a smaller scale, a lot of people just go with a two tone aztec with the pearl white and a (very) slightly darker color and it looks great. I haven't done and Enterprise since I've gotten back into the hobby, but it's on my list. :) I haven't gotten far enough into research to decide on actual paint colors yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back