Dooku FX lightsaber

Obi-TN

A friend of mine decided I needed this for my Dooku costume:
DookuFX0003.jpg

DookuFX0004.jpg

DookuFX0001.jpg

DookuFX0005.jpg

DookuFX0006.jpg

Basically he put the guts of an FX Vader saber into the Rubies hilt.

The host site is currently down, but should hopefully be available soon.

<div class='quotetop'>(Starkiller @ May 30 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1253251[/snapback]</div>
Did you use a Hasbro Dooku lightsaber as a base?
[/b]
Used the Rubies. We were well into making it before I bought the Hasbro Dooku at Disney World. Of course, I don't know if I'll ever use the Hasbro. I brought it to troop with the next day in Tampa and the 501st guys made me go around with just the MR hilt instead.

Glenn just told me this thread was here today. It was the rubies hilt that was just split up the middle with a scroll saw. The guts are from the vader FX. The switch is re-wired to a push button. The sound and motion sensors all still work. I want to try and remake it with a smaller hilt, as the Rubies hilt is really big for that saber. We are thinking of scratch building something around the guts of a vader to make it better size wise.

<div class='quotetop'>(vdubbin2001 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1264113[/snapback]</div>
Man, I hope MR makes a Dooku FX. :thumbsup
[/b]

prob is, the handle has a bend at the back... and one towards the emmiter...

anyone who knows anything about MRs FXs guts, knows that they would have to find a way to bend the tube inside it...

so im afraid that his will be one of the last done... if ever.

but who knows if they can make abominations like luke ROTJ or obi ROTS... :unsure

If they do make it, they BETTER make look good. I hate the fat necked Luke and Obi sabers they made, and I'll be P.O.'d if they make Dooku's saber straight. I've taken an Ani ROTS FX apart and the blade only goes into the hilt about 2" or less, which is enough to stick into the Dooku without going past the front bend. I'll allow an MR Dooku if they either make it curved like the film, or SLIGHTLY less curved but still screen accurate.

funny that i met you just a few days after my last post.

whats up obi-tn?

obi-tn makes one hella va dooku. :thumbsup

ForceFX, Is that a Qui-Gon FX I see on your website's banner :D ? When was that one announced? I bet with that button activator there won't be any on/off switch mishaps like the Anakin ROTS and other sabers. Also, I bet this one has little room for ruining its look (except for the scallopped handgrip) for the FX electronics due to its simplicity in its design.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back