Done / Completed Done

Re: GOTG Vol. 2 Star Lord Aero Rig / Rocket Pack **pics in post #40**

I'm transferring money tomorrow to get this. Holy ****, dude. Outstanding.

GOOD (STAR) LORD!! ​Amazing work! Count me as interested!

So I will most likely limit this to the 10 I need to make the run happen.. its many parts and a lot of work.. so 10 to start with :)

Thanks, email me once you send the deposit.
I'm transferring money tomorrow to get this. Holy ****, dude. Outstanding.

Hey guys thanks for the interest.. I will send you out the deposit form. ;)

GOOD (STAR) LORD!! ​Amazing work! Count me as interested!

Interested for sure!!!

Interested!

Deposit paid...i think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PM'd, will these be scaled for each person or one size fits all?

PM'd, will these be scaled for each person or one size fits all?

Not trying to step on rockets toes with this one, but scaling a resin cast order for such an item just doesn't work - too many molds to make several sizes of all parts. If there were like 200 people buying this, maybe different sizes would be offered. But for barely a dozen, this will be a one-size-fits-all. I think k the better question is: is there room to overlap the parts to fit a variety of sizes? I would think k the kit would allow at least a couple inches of sizing difference. Will await curtis' final answer on the slight adjustment, but for such a select few 8nterested, I would plan on making the screen size work:)

I suppose I mis-interpeted this. I use my Galaxy S5 for the majority of my forum reading. I may have read too quickly, or skimmed too much. I thought this was just going to be printed, and the printed parts sent off to each person on the run, as opposed to a master print being cast. That works out because I am chest 40-42". I had a fear this would be massive on my 5'7" frame, while Pratt is 6'2". The way my mind worked was in the back of my head, "well if its printed, each print could be scaled per person, yadda, yadda, yadda," Though I imagine the cost would be far more, especially if done through shapeways.

I have yet to see a bad product from Rocket, and I can't wait to see these. I'm on board.

From the reference I have.. I'm almost positive the pack worn by Star Lord and Gamora are the exact same size.. so the straps are overlapping on hers much more.. these are actually bolted together with foam and plastic as backing.. then a 1" webbing "belt" is clipped together. I am still trying to figure out how to do that part and make it fit.. or the people who buy the might need to do a bit of cutting and mods to make them fit perfect :)
Not trying to step on rockets toes with this one, but scaling a resin cast order for such an item just doesn't work - too many molds to make several sizes of all parts. If there were like 200 people buying this, maybe different sizes would be offered. But for barely a dozen, this will be a one-size-fits-all. I think k the better question is: is there room to overlap the parts to fit a variety of sizes? I would think k the kit would allow at least a couple inches of sizing difference. Will await curtis' final answer on the slight adjustment, but for such a select few 8nterested, I would plan on making the screen size work:)

Hey Rocket! Sent an email a few days ago to the address in the message with a question about the cost difference between finished and not. Just repeating here to make sure you see it, I'm anxious to add to the deposit pool!

OK sorry I didnt make it clear but the $600usd + shipping is for the raw kit.. its a bit kit.. probably going to be about 16-18 pieces.. so that many molds and that much time to make.. it will be 2-3 different materials to make it as accurate as I can as well.. some materials require more time to make props out of, some are more expensive... anyway its the raw kit.

I am not sure about finishing costs right now, but it would be at least $500-600 would be my guess.. there are straps that need installation, some pieces glued together.. rubber and resin parts that would need paint.. and possibly real bolts to hold some pieces together... still tweaking it so I can make it for more than one body type.. (mainly me :)

Also there is one spot open.. then its all full up :)

Hope that answers your question?
Hey Rocket! Sent an email a few days ago to the address in the message with a question about the cost difference between finished and not. Just repeating here to make sure you see it, I'm anxious to add to the deposit pool!

Re: GOTG Vol. 2 Star Lord Aero Rig / Rocket Pack ***One Spot Open For Deposit***

hey Guys.. the run is full and I will be working on mastering the pack.. I will post updates when I have something to show.. if you are on the run and have any questions please email me :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back