Interest Done!!

Re: Shore Trooper helmet and Armor (Rocketeer collab) now collecting armor deposits

I didn't read all the pages, but I would certainly like to get a fully finished Helmet if possible. Thanks

Re: Shore Trooper helmet and Armor (Rocketeer collab) now collecting armor deposits

Got my kit today! It looks absolutely stunning!
Only the belt was supplied in brown instead of black? :)

Thanks. Glad you like it.

The belt i supplied as an extra by the way. And if you look around....that webbing in that brown is both accurate and not easy to find..plus I had to pay to get the accurate stitch down the middle of it. But if you were concenrend about it not being right you could have emailed me,,,,

Got my kit today! It looks absolutely stunning!
Only the belt was supplied in brown instead of black? :)

So i got my armor yesterday and I'm pretty impressed with the quality and the sharp details on each piece. But I just noticed something amiss. I've gone through this whole thread so maybe this was already addressed and I missed it, but are the thigh/hip plates not included with the full armor set? Or is my Grunt kit just missing those pieces? I did go back through the pictures and now see that the thigh/hip pieces aren't pictured either, but I thought that just a squad leader kit that was pictured.

So i got my armor yesterday and I'm pretty impressed with the quality and the sharp details on each piece. But I just noticed something amiss. I've gone through this whole thread so maybe this was already addressed and I missed it, but are the thigh/hip plates not included with the full armor set? Or is my Grunt kit just missing those pieces? I did go back through the pictures and now see that the thigh/hip pieces aren't pictured either, but I thought that just a squad leader kit that was pictured.

I don't believe any of those are included. Rocketeer will contact you today.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they only had brown pants on the upper thigh.
IMG_0669.JPG

There are 3 types of shoretrooper - designated A,B,and C. Both A and B must have the hip plates for 501st approval. Version C may either have hip plates or a cloth kama.

It seems like the hip armor may be easy to make, as it mainly a flat peice that attaches to the ab armor - maybe we can convince Rocket to make us a template that is scaled correctly to his armor:)

Hey Guys, sorry just got in and seen this.

First off I want to say the 501st page was not up when I finished this.. and I did the best I could with the reference I had. I am not trying to mis quote anything or trick anyone.. I offer whats in the pics I posted, and I did extra work offering the belt, buckle, extra pockets, plastic sheet for mods/sizing etc..

Anyway I Looked at the hip plates in the visual dictionary.. they are super flexible, so foam with maybe a layer of thin plastic (also flexible) covering them. As I cant start working on molds and trying to cast foam.. I an always willing to try and help out as much as I can, I am only 1 guy here so things take a bit of time.

So I would be willing to figure out a template, I already have the plastic cut so I can ship them with the suits..so hopefully they fit on those and can be easily cut out and mounted on some eva foam or whatever you want to buy.. if this is an option you want please let me know and I will do my best to get it done as soon as I can.

There are 3 types of shoretrooper - designated A,B,and C. Both A and B must have the hip plates for 501st approval. Version C may either have hip plates or a cloth kama.

It seems like the hip armor may be easy to make, as it mainly a flat peice that attaches to the ab armor - maybe we can convince Rocket to make us a template that is scaled correctly to his armor:)

Now on a different note.. as asked of me before, I have printed, molded and cast the new snout piece so its more accurate.. as far as someone has told me.. I am currently sending these out with all the new helmets I make. If you do want one and have my old one, if you pay for the shipping I will cast one up and ship it out. Please send me an email and we can work that out. Here is a pic of the new snout so everyone can see what I am offering

New Snout.jpg

I've been putting together my armor this week, and the quality of the casts are great, which shouldn't be too surprising to anyone who knows of the quality work The Rocketeer puts out! The additional freebies like the belt, spare ABS, etc are a nice touch too!

Quick question regarding the straps that go around the shin pieces. If I need them bend a little more than they currently are able to, is hot water the best way to do this? I'd hate to incorrectly apply heat or hot water and ruin them. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments :) I'm glad you like it.

And the straps are made from semi rigid resin and should flex easy enough but if they are a bit stiff then hot water or a heat gun will do the trick :) they should stand up just fine.

I've been putting together my armor this week, and the quality of the casts are great, which shouldn't be too surprising to anyone who knows of the quality work The Rocketeer puts out! The additional freebies like the belt, spare ABS, etc are a nice touch too!

Quick question regarding the straps that go around the shin pieces. If I need them bend a little more than they currently are able to, is hot water the best way to do this? I'd hate to incorrectly apply heat or hot water and ruin them. Thanks!

Now on a different note.. as asked of me before, I have printed, molded and cast the new snout piece so its more accurate.. as far as someone has told me.. I am currently sending these out with all the new helmets I make. If you do want one and have my old one, if you pay for the shipping I will cast one up and ship it out. Please send me an email and we can work that out. Here is a pic of the new snout so everyone can see what I am offering

View attachment 699471

Cool, can't wait to get my helmet! I also sent you a PM about another purchase. No hurry, just curious for the future.

I just got the email that my shoretrooper helmet is ready to ship or for finishing. Anyone interested in buying my place by reimbursing my deposit of $259? You'll just have to pay for shipping and there is a cost for finishing costs by them if wanted.

Last edited:

Hi, could you send me a price list and shipping costs to the UK via Pm please?

Thanks! :D

I finally got around to working on mine a few days ago and now pretty much finished, this helmet is fantastic, I can't compliment you guys enough, just awesome, had a great time painting and weathering as well, my wife says it's her favorite helmet of all of our collection, Thanks again guys.
All my best,
AL and Family
My Shoretrooper 1.jpgMy Shoretrooper 2.jpgMy Shoretrooper 3.jpgMy SHoretrooper 4.jpgMy SHoretrooper 7.jpgMy SHoretrooper 8.jpgMy SHoretrooper 6.jpgMy SHoretrooper 9.jpgMy SHoretrooper 10.jpg

Got to this party late. PM sent.

Ok guys. THERE IS NO MORE ARMOR!! It's DONE!!

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys just want to charm in on the hip armor.

I know you sending styrene/ ABS as cut your own method.

The kit was not cheap and I am sure the quality is great. Just the same, can we an upgrade package for that piece or template made available.

I wont lie at 1800 in between the finished bucket and the armor. This bums me out.

Just wanted to pop in as I finished painting and weathering my Rocketeer shore trooper... This thing is incredible. The attention to detail let alone how clean the sculpt came with such little clean up. I'm in love. Thanks Rocket! Your work speaks for itself

IMG_20170323_000501.jpgIMG_20170323_000509.jpgIMG_20170323_000519.jpgIMG_20170323_000530.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back