Done / Completed DONE

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

Oh I got it as a kit, so it's been taken apart. The trigger part was originally put together, but didn't really work off the bat. Figured something was just wrong inside, so opened it up... all seems to be fine.

I know how it works (There is a bit of reference online), but for the life of me I can't figure what the issue is. It SHOULD work... maybe a piece is just warped or mis cast?

hrm.

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

Strange... The mechanics behind it can't be that complex? Can you post a pic of the mechanism?

new-3.jpg

Not Mal, but the Bladerunner Sidkit... same mech.

From my pov when it was apart, it wasn't getting past the 3rd pic... so I shaved the top lever a tiiiny bit... then it SORT of worked.. but the hammer barely moved back.

So now I've actually ADDED a bit of epoxy putty to add to the trigger. I have to let it cure, but then I'll try again.

While this DOES have a moving trigger... and hammer... mine does not seem to "work". As in I pull the trigger, the hammer moves back a bit, and then 9/10 times It doesn't *click*.

Mine clicks, but there is a long, loose pull before the mechanism engages. I haven't bothered to check out what's causing it. However, even Sid's original run of these (as well as his Blad Runner blaster) had so-so trigger mechanisms. They never felt really stable. Most likely it's down to the pewter- it's soft and wears down pretty fast.

Mine clicks, but there is a long, loose pull before the mechanism engages. I haven't bothered to check out what's causing it. However, even Sid's original run of these (as well as his Blad Runner blaster) had so-so trigger mechanisms. They never felt really stable. Most likely it's down to the pewter- it's soft and wears down pretty fast.

Pretty much what I was expecting, thanks. I'm gonna give it a couple more tries, and then seal it up.

It's not THAT big a deal if it works... it's a for show piece. I just like problem solving and get super annoyed when I can't figure it out.

Wife: you're still awake? What's on your mind? Is it the dogs? Mortgage.... Work?

Me: Friggin' Firefly gun trigger. Won't click.

Wife: please pretend I didn't ask... so I can pretend you didn't answer.

Pretty much what I was expecting, thanks. I'm gonna give it a couple more tries, and then seal it up.

It's not THAT big a deal if it works... it's a for show piece. I just like problem solving and get super annoyed when I can't figure it out.

Wife: you're still awake? What's on your mind? Is it the dogs? Mortgage.... Work?

Me: Friggin' Firefly gun trigger. Won't click.

Wife: please pretend I didn't ask... so I can pretend you didn't answer.

That me/wife exchange is pure GOLD, lol. I always assumed that this is how a lot of us obsess over the details, but you summed it up perfectly :)

-Ss

I had a similar problem with my Sidkit Blade Runner blaster but I seemed to recall it just needed a slightly stronger spring and it is really crisp now. My Mal pistol works fine but I have been meaning to take it apart to check out my "ageing line" so I will let you know if I find anything that might help :thumbsup

That me/wife exchange is pure GOLD, lol. I always assumed that this is how a lot of us obsess over the details, but you summed it up perfectly :)

-Ss
Indeed so recognizable... My girlfriend doesn't quite understand why I don't want here to take the dust off my props that are on display. "Why not? I'll be carefull!" "'No, you won't be carefull enough!" "Yes, I will" "Just don't touch them, I'll dust them myself!" :p

Or when I I buy another version of a certain prop: "What's that?" "A grail diary." "But you already have 3 of them???" "Yes, but this one is nicer" "It looks exactly the same!" "It doesn't. The leather is nicer, the aging is better, it's handwritten,..." "What.. who... why... never mind, carry on..." :p

So my epoxy fix worked... but hammer still only goes back a BIT, where I would like it to go back FURTHER...

So not being able to leave well enough alone, I've added epoxy to the hammer piece... if it works, great! If not, I'll just break it off and settle for a succesful, working trigger, with a weak, sad hammer.

But at least if it's picked up, the trigger WILL work. So that's nice.

IMG_2053.JPG

Has anyone sourced a bullet that would fit into an extra Mal gun clip? I'd like to have a few to display just for fun :)

-Ss

Has anyone sourced a bullet that would fit into an extra Mal gun clip? I'd like to have a few to display just for fun :)

-Ss

M-1 Carbine ammo is the best fit.

MalPistol07JPEG.jpg

It is my understanding that the original propmakers put a rimmed .38 Spl round in the mag,
which is fine for a quick screen shot, but for a display that can be the object of studied scrutiny,
the rimless .30cal Carbine round makes more sense.

MalPistol06JPEG.jpg

Mike
My Firefly/ Serenity Prop Collection:
http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

Ok guys, seems that someone that bought our kit, gave to a member it for recast and resell on ebay.
Why we know that is our guns? Cause we made a hidden detail in every gun that noone will see, but we see it clear in his pics. This guy continue to recast everything we done!
One day in future you'll find our roger rabbit gun or our hook in his auction!!!
Please help us to stop him! These are his ebay auction! Please contact ebay and say that guys is a recaster!

All your props will loose value with a "recast BAD quality version" of the prop you have in your hands!

http://www.ebay.it/itm/SERENITY-CAP...839099?hash=item466fe2b4bb:g:K7MAAOSwmOJaCBSt

http://www.ebay.it/itm/SERENITY-CAP...831526?hash=item466fe29726:g:TjYAAOSwySVaBNbT

Deleted - realized I was wrong about something I wrote.

Looks indeed like crappy recasts... Even the barrel is not straight... But I'm afraid eBay will only take into account complaints of recasting from the original creator. Technically, this sc*mmbag does not steal from me, since he did not recast something from me... I heard before that eBay just ignores complaints if you are not the original creator and can proof that he is recasting.

Better strategy can be to spread this message to all the browncoatforums out there. I see he's also selling Blade Runner Blasters, etc... So people on propsummit will also be very interested to read this. If these are Richard Coyle parts he's using, I think Coyle will not be happy either...

Same guy selling Blade Runner Blaster recasts.

That’s ok, I will just write “from a limited edition of 21 pieces” on my display plaque.
It’s just for my own information but I like to be accurate when I can.

Man! I'd love to get one of your Model 47s. I tried buying one that TomVDJ had up but it didn't make it past customs and was returned. Really stinks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back