Done / Completed DONE

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

Wondering why not everyone is reporting receiving of the guns. were there casualties? I count only six non deliveries.

I haven't posted yet because mine didn't arrive totally sound. Sarednab and I have been in communication and he has been great in getting this fixed.

Ss

Last edited:
Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

His KIT was damaged from him
I never claimed any different ,I was in my garage working on it , and had one of the pieces in my hand....turned around and almost tripped over my baby pup and , about knocked it backwards on accident and trying to catch my baby as I let go of the piece from my hand , and it slid across the garage floor with some Knicks in it....yeah my fault...I asked if you would help me to obtain the piece for replacement...and I would buy one from you and you said No...that sorry , you can't help me .....so I , never claimed it was anyone's fault , but my own ....I admit losing that part was an accident....

- - - Updated - - -

All I stated above was , as soon as I fix mine somehow , I want a casing like that for mine

I never claimed any different ,I was in my garage working on it , and had one of the pieces in my hand....turned around and almost tripped over my baby pup and , about knocked it backwards on accident and trying to catch my baby as I let go of the piece from my hand , and it slid across the garage floor with some Knicks in it....yeah my fault...I asked if you would help me to obtain the piece for replacement...and I would buy one from you and you said No...that sorry , you can't help me .....so I , never claimed it was anyone's fault , but my own ....I admit losing that part was an accident....

I already talk in private with another member here and say that I'll try to help you, at the end of the run.
All pending the damage

I already talk in private with another member here and say that I'll try to help you, at the end of the run.
All pending the damage
I just wanted everyone to know , it was my fault....nothing to hide...I don't want people thinking I am putting blame on you you cause I wasn't....why are you upset...I am trying to set the record straight that's all....

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think you could help me ???

If we're discussing issues with our pistols and kits, then I have some things I could say about mine as well...

My sides don't exactly match up as in on piece is a little bit warped. But it was my choice to purchase the kit instead of a finished piece so I knew it would need some work

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver.

My sides don't exactly match up as in on piece is a little bit warped. But it was my choice to purchase the kit instead of a finished piece so I knew it would need some work
Yeah, of you buy a kit, then I guess it's normal that the fit and finishing is not there yet. A kit that you just have to screw together, would not really be a kit, I guess... ;-)..

I hope my gun arrives this week. I'm getting a bit worried, because the tracking number still shows no info at all, and another piece I bought from Sarednab, arrived within a few days at my doorstep (also shipped with Italian Post, but with a different shipping method, according to Sarednab). This pistol is traveling for 3 weeks now. Even packages from the US in general don't take this long... Anyway, I'm a patient guy ;).

I'm getting a bit worried,

Why not give your post office a call. IF it's being held by them for some reason (even if there aren't supposed to be any customs issues within the EU) they might have info.

Why not give your post office a call. IF it's being held by them for some reason (even if there aren't supposed to be any customs issues within the EU) they might have info.
Since the tracking number also does not work on the site of the Belgium Postal service, I doubt that they can help me. It's even nog sure that the package will be deliverd by the Belgium Post. The other package I talked about was delivered by UPS, not Belgium Post. Also, there are no customs formalities whatsoever between EU countries. Even if it was a real gun, it should arrive just fine. On top of that, in Belgium you can import any firearm replica as long as it does not fire anything.

Anyway, I guess it won't hurt passing by the postal office to see if a package with my name on it is waiting there.

Yeah, of you buy a kit, then I guess it's normal that the fit and finishing is not there yet. A kit that you just have to screw together, would not really be a kit, I guess... ;-)..

I hope my gun arrives this week. I'm getting a bit worried, because the tracking number still shows no info at all, and another piece I bought from Sarednab, arrived within a few days at my doorstep (also shipped with Italian Post, but with a different shipping method, according to Sarednab). This pistol is traveling for 3 weeks now. Even packages from the US in general don't take this long... Anyway, I'm a patient guy ;).

Don't feel alone Tom. you me and one other member are the only one's left to get one. I work to hard for this to be the one I lose out on. wish I had your patients. It's killing me:(

Well, here's hoping that they both arrive safe soon!

On another note... if someone has ever entertained the idea of making a function PFC (cap fire) gun, I've got a vintage MCG S&W model 36 that I don't need. (It's a close match to the Taurus used.) I was going to maybe use it on Sarednab's Serenity casting but doubt I'll ever have the time. PM me direct for info, no discussion here 'cause I don't want to clutter up the thread.

On yet another note, for those of you with kits, I found that using Birchwood Casey gun blue (I can check the exact type) worked pretty well in browning the brass! Some polishing, then a spray with satin matte clear will give it that "dull sheen" that it has in Serenity.

Well, here's hoping that they both arrive safe soon!

On another note... if someone has ever entertained the idea of making a function PFC (cap fire) gun, I've got a vintage MCG S&W model 36 that I don't need. (It's a close match to the Taurus used.) I was going to maybe use it on Sarednab's Serenity casting but doubt I'll ever have the time. PM me direct for info, no discussion here 'cause I don't want to clutter up the thread.

On yet another note, for those of you with kits, I found that using Birchwood Casey gun blue (I can check the exact type) worked pretty well in browning the brass! Some polishing, then a spray with satin matte clear will give it that "dull sheen" that it has in Serenity.
Are you using the blue ??? I got Casey's plum brown for mine....if you are using the blue , will that work for browning ???

Are you using the blue ??? I got Casey's plum brown for mine....if you are using the blue , will that work for browning ???

I need to double check when I get home but I'm 90% sure I have the blue because I bought it to use on other projects that didn't need brown.

Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMIT...

Mine arrived last week and in good condition. Tried to click on the link to leave feedback, but it didn't work. I love my gun, though.

Per my last post I've attached photos of the damage to my gun. This nick is pretty nasty, but we are working on getting this fixed.

mal_gun_damage.jpg

-Ss

Last edited:

Anyone willing to sell their TV gun or give up the spot please pm me.

What spot? everything's been shipped...lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back