Done / Completed Done

Re: Iron Man Mrk 42 helmet from 3D print

Looks like you got the faceplate sanded too :) where is the chin part? :) I made those separate cause I was tired of masking them off the last 42 helmet I did :)

Also where did you get the eyes? People have been asking..so if they fit please share :)

I second everything big G just said.

Reel

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The chin piece is just off to the side. I got a little excited after fitting the eyes and forgot to place it. :D

I got the eyes from projectearth. They weren't designed with the MK42 in mind, but the seem to fit really well. I just primed the helmet last night, and might try and finish the paint job this weekend, so may have more pictures soon. :)

Here is the link to projectearth's junkyard thread

http://www.therpf.com/f13/latest-ironman-blink-fade-led-eyes-using-coin-cell-batteries-204279/

Looks like you got the faceplate sanded too :) where is the chin part? :) I made those separate cause I was tired of masking them off the last 42 helmet I did :)

Also where did you get the eyes? People have been asking..so if they fit please share :)

For some reason imyk's post didnt make it up here but I did get in in my email alert. Here is is for those interested in the LED eyes :)

The chin piece is just off to the side. I got a little excited after fitting the eyes and forgot to place it. :D

I got the eyes from projectearth. They weren't designed with the MK42 in mind, but the seem to fit really well. I just primed the helmet last night, and might try and finish the paint job this weekend, so may have more pictures soon. :)

Here is the link to projectearth's junkyard thread

http://www.therpf.com/f13/latest-ironman-blink-fade-led-eyes-using-coin-cell-batteries-204279/[/URL]

Sorry guys. Seems my posts are still being moderated and are taking a while to show up...

Thanks Curtis!

Here's my progress this weekend
301455-2014-03-22-18-04-54.jpg

301454-2014-03-22-18-02-36.jpg
301453-2014-03-22-17-56-23.jpg

301452-2014-03-22-17-56-10.jpg

For some reason imyk's post didnt make it up here but I did get in in my email alert. Here is is for those interested in the LED eyes :)

I'll need another :) you know, since it's the same in A2. :p

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reel

I'm not quite sure they will be using the same, they did use the mark VI armor to shoot A1 but they cgi'd the mark VII!
Also since Tony destroyed the mk 42 in IM 3 that would be quite weird lol !
anyway that's just a thought lol
love the new paint scheme anyways

You got it Reel :)

Looks like they use the same helmet paint scheme but looks like the gold is a bit more gold :) but its nice to see the suit I'm making will at least be in part of the new movie :)

Reel

Can I ask what red you used? I bought the dark Toreador Red mentioned earlier, but I got the can from Amazon and the top color scares me, looks almost purple:eek

I always use Inferno Red from Dupli-color for my IM helmets. You can get it at CT :)

Can I ask what red you used? I bought the dark Toreador Red mentioned earlier, but I got the can from Amazon and the top color scares me, looks almost purple:eek

I used the Duplicolour Metalcast system. It is a two part process with ground coat. Supposed to look like anodized metal.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back